Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deangreen

MN nationals first day bus 2........turtle creek gardens.

deangreen
10 years ago

tour bus #2 stopped first at this garden. It was pretty much everyone's favorite on the tour. SO much to see, plenty of daylilies and plenty of hostas and companion plants and everything else. ÃÂ Lots and lots of excellent color combos throughout. Within minutes of beginning my walking around the grounds, I'd already found a plant I knew I'd want to try at home, the Euphorbia below. ha

the photos above are Silver Edgings and Nekkid Lady doing a Jiggy Dance. Below is the backyard....gasp!

photos above are North Wind Moe, which was my favorite and I voted on it for the best UF/Spider in the convention, but something else won, alas.... :) . ÃÂ the 2nd is Seventy Six Trombones.

Below is the backyard path and a photo of the Tiger eyes sumac in the front.

this last photo shows the front drive with little houses in the bed. click on any photo for better view...

Comments (15)

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Very nice tour! I think I might have voted for North Wind Moe, too -- it's beautiful.

• growgirl
    10 years ago

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing. It is always nice to see others beautiful gardens. Keep them coming :)

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Oh, those weeping willows by the lake! I can see why this was your favorite garden, as you really appreciate plant combos. Everything is so meticulously done in that village; it is almost too perfect.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

WOW what a stunning garden if only I had the time and energy to keep a garden like that up.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Too right, Dean, I absolutely gasped when I was that first picture of the garden, and the others were almost the same, It's just stunning. Even the rocks used as edging looked perfect!!! North Wind Moe really is pretty, and 76 Trombones very bright and cheery. Loved the tiger-eye sumac as a backdrop that complements the other plants. Now make you sure post a bunch more, we are all waiting--LOL. Avedon

• sglobig
    10 years ago

Looks like you're having a great time at national! Really appreciate your sharing these awesome pics with those of use who couldn't be there. GASP is definitely the word for that garden! It is so incredibly beautiful, as are your pictures. Please keep them coming! Sharon

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Those pictures are beautiful! I especially enjoyed the stunning backyard and the adorable fairy/pixie village.
    kay

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I always think I'd get alot more accomplished if it wasn't 100 degrees outside during the summer, but even at cooler temperatures I don't think I could manage that garden by myself. Neat, neat, neat! Love the little village. Everyone needs a bit of whimsy in their life........Maryl

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

gorgeous pictures, and I love the one with the village in it, all the little houses. so pretty, and I love that weeping willow tree, have always loved them and wanted one, but, never did get it.Thanks for sharing them with all of us.

jean

• judyannz7
    10 years ago

Marvelous! Simply marvelous as the gardens always are at National. in the backyard path photo, there are great red spires in the far distance. Do you remember or know what they are? Near the top left of the photo.

• deangreen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks all. Judy, that was some red metal ornamentation back there. :)

• lesmc
    10 years ago

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures. That is one beautiful garden. I am awe struck!! I can only imagine the work and love that went into its creation. Wish I could walk it myself. Heavenly. Thanks again. Lesley

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

That is one gorgeous garden! I can't imagine how much time and effort is involved in having something that looks so perfect. Thank you so much for posting these pictures.
    Val

• mizellie
    10 years ago

I just loved everything in that beautiful garden. Elle

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I appreciate the posts you've been doing on the National. Even though I haven't posted before today, I've been following your posts and your journey on the tours.

Julia

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH