Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

A few rebloomers on Saturday

shive
9 years ago

I definitely don't have as much rebloom as in past years. Last night while I was watering, I noticed Bella Sera, Lillian's Jinger Bred, and Ice Cream Emperor have rebloom scapes emerging. And I was so excited to see my new seedling with the pincher throat (Symphony of Praise X Henry Lorrain) has one too. Some of the new ones I received are putting up rebloom scapes too: Red Edition, Spacecoast Francis Busby, and Jeanne Deaver's Dream. I'm looking forward to seeing those bloom again.

Here are the rebloomers from today:

JITTERBUG BLUES - Don't know what caused the little spots, but the color was excellent.

This post was edited by shive on Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 22:48

Comments (13)

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Others reblooming on Saturday were

QUEEN OF NARNIA - Because of the rebloom, this will be one of my longest blooming daylilies. It's bloomed for 46 straight days, and still has a couple of buds.

EDGE OF YOUR SEAT continues to rebloom. It has four instant reblooms scapes.

The Trimmer seedling had two bright rebloom flowers.

Golden oldie ZINFANDEL is reblooming for the first time in the many years I've had it.

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 21:33

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

What do you have reblooming this season?

• Nancy
    9 years ago

Nice to get rebloom, & they are all so pretty. I don't have very many that rebloomed, but the ones that have did really well I think. Hello Heartstrings had 5 scapes originally, & 4 rebloom scapes, the same for Pandora's Treasure. China Grove plantation & Sherry Lane Carr have done almost as well. And Orange Velvet. I have one pink misnamed daylily that only has 1 fan, but it rebloomed.

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nancy - It sounds like the ones that have rebloomed for you have rebloomed on almost every scape. The other others I've had rebloom are Aerial Applique, 2 scapes, Ruby Lipstick, 2 instant rebloom scapes, Uninhibited, 1 scape, and one of my Sun Bear X Julie Newmar seedlings, 1 instant rebloom scape.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Love reblooms. Even though I had fewer than usual, the rebloom started sooner. Way too many to name, but Citrix, Spider Man (still going) and My Heart Belongs to Daddy along with Barney, Philistine Champion, Salty Skipper, Purple Honey Creeper, Clown Parade , Lady Jane Pearcy and Purple Honey Creeper were the most prolific rebloomers.

kay

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kay - It's good to see you got rebloom on some of your favorites. I noticed Winter Treasure has a rebloom scape coming. It has never NOT rebloomed, and it usually puts up 5 or 6 rebloom scapes. So far I am getting the most rebloom in my blue and white bed - more whites than blues though.

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

I still like that Trimmer seedling. Picture perfect :-)

Julia

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

I thought I had nothing, but I looked yesterday and there's old Happy Returns still chugging along with a bloom or two......This year though, outside of Happy Returns, it's been a bust on rebloom......Still like your Trimmer seedling. Looks to be a good one, and Zinfandel is another favorite of mine....Hope you post any more that come along.....Maryl

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

I am very happy that you have gotten so many reblooming, and Kay, too. Just about all of mine rebloomed last year and the year before as well, but, this year, only 2 that rebloomed. aesthetic ballet rebloomed and beautiful edging rebloomed and still going strong. Shes a real work horse when it comes to putting out blooms, and Last Reward is still sending out blooms,its just a late bloomer,and Marietta Surprise is still throwing out blooms every day.maybe next year will be better year for blooms.

jean

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

You should send your photos of the Trimmer seedling for him to use on his website -- they've all been gorgeous. Jitterbug Blues looks intriguing, even with the measles.

• Nancy
    9 years ago

I don't think Clown Parade is listed as a rebloomer, but I have gotten rebloom from it before, not this year though. Such a great plant.

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Nice rebloomers! Love Queen of Narnia, beautiful and long blooming! Edge of Your Seat has an ornate bloom.
    I love it when the new ones bloom the same year!
    Yeah, what causes these little spots? I have a couple with sort of uneven coloration appearing by the end of their blooming season. Thought it might be heavy dew, but it usually just leaves regular white spots.
    I am up to 10-12 with an instant rebloom and on all it's one scape. I'll take that :)

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nat - You've got to love that instant rebloom. It sounds like you are doing better than most of us. We had torrential rain tonight, so maybe that will coax out a few more rebloom scapes.

Debra