Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Thursday and we've cooled down :-)

Julia WV (6b)
10 years ago

What a wonderful relief from the humidity after the storm last night. Today was a 10. Only minor garden damage with the high winds but all is fixable.

UP MILL CREEK

PATTERN EVOLUTION

RAMBUNCTIOUS ROSIE

SCIENCE OF MIND

MAUI SUNRISE

MAGIC HAPPENS

LESLIE RENEE ( W/ kIPLING)

KIOWA SUNSET

CONCRETE BLONDE

and drum roll please as the last of the new ones is the best :-)
CLOWN PARADE - Thank you Kay. She is perfect

And just to show how unpredictable WORTH IT ALL can be. Here is how it opened today

Now, time to read the forum. Hope all the forum friends who were having miserable weather are cooling off too.

Julia

Comments (13)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Hi Julia. I'm glad you got a break with the weather. It was still very humid here although we had pretty big storms during the night. The humidity is supposed to be lower tomorrow, but not the heat.

I'm glad CP is blooming nicely for you. Not a clinker in the bunch, but, in addition to CP, I really like Kipling, Worth It All, Maui Sunrise, and Concrete Blond.

kay

• Nancy
    10 years ago

As Kay said, not a clinker in the bunch, I like every one of them. CP is really stunning & a great daylily. We were still humid this morning, but a quick storm when through this afternoon & it is a perfect afternoon. Very cool & un-Julylike!

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    10 years ago

Stunning photography and beautiful flowers, I'm not even going to try to pick a favorite.

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Where to begin? The amount of buds in that first shot is amazing. I really like Pattern Evolution and will have to look into that one. Rambunctious Rosy is new to me this year and is looking spindly because it's overshadowed by the daylilies next to it -- that one will have to be moved this fall. Maui Sunrise is a beauty (haven't seen that one before). And your photo of Worth It All is terrific. I'd post a photo of mine, but you wouldn't believe my dog is the same cultivar as yours.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

I have nothing but good to say about all of these. The buds on Up Mill Creek blew my mind, pretty pattern on Pattern Evolution, Rambunctious Rosie always a favorite, Science Of Mind looks great, and etc. to all the rest. But then there's Clown Parade which is a stunning standout. You must be really thrilled with that one. All are winners to me. Avedon

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Great photography! Clown Parade is very beautiful. I just love that first picture with ALL those buds! Also favorites are Maui Sunrise and Worth It All. Interesting some buds on it look like they are opening.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow that CLOWN PARADE is a beauty. but, you have lots of pretty ones.and love MAUI SUNRISE . that is one pretty bloom.WORTH IT ALL is a beauty, too.

jean

• shive
    10 years ago

My favorite photo is the last one, even with the one Worth It All who is reluctant to open. I just love how those daylilies look with the white lilies and the coneflowers. Magic Happens, which I don't recall seeing before, looks really white! Others that stood out to me were Pattern Evolution, Maui Sunrise, and Clown Parade.

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Boy there are lots of buds still to come. I can't pick a favorite daylily as they are all nice. I do like your Leslie Renee shot combined with Kipling. The combo works for me......No cool weather here. 102 yesterday. 102 today. No rain in sight. Sigh. Typical Oklahoma summer.....Maryl

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

This set had me googling a lot of unfamiliar cultivars. Do you know anything about the hybridizer of Magic Happens? Pattern Evolution and Rambunctious Rosie are my faves.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

It sure would be nice to have some cooler weather here in FL but that's not going to happen to at least October. You sure have a great looking group of daylilies my favorites are Pattern Evolution, Up Mill Creek and always Clown Parade. Enjoy your cooler weather.
    Linda

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Glad you all enjoyed the photos. More are starting to bloom.

MAGIC HAPPENS is hybridized by Louise James of Cedarthorn Gardens. I bought that one plus a couple others about 4 years ago from Louise. MH increases rapidly here and last year I moved the original clump and divided it. It has been registered as having a yellow throat but here, I see yellow to green. Anyway, it is a good performer here. Yes, it does look that white early in the morning turning to an off white by late in the day.It is a shorter daylily at 22 inches so I have it along a path so it is in front. The second clump that came from the division is sitting in a spot I had some Westbournes growing in. Didn't know where else to put it. If you do a search here on the forum I have posted pics of it in the past couple of years.

Julia

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

UP MILL CREEK is really pretty.