Seedling Into the Mystic X Symphony of Praise reblooming

Seedling Karelia X Palace Garden Beauty

Tuxie taking a break from the heat

Coco Columbus

Debra

Comments (15)

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Susan Weber is lovely. You seem to,have quite a few edge no eye daylilies. How does this one perform? Cherokee Star looks like a nice one--a red that holds its color is always nice.
    Both of your seedlings look great. I especially like the first one with the blue gray eye zone and edge.
    Your kitties always steal the show.
    Val

This post was edited by waitforspring on Wed, Jul 17, 13 at 21:05

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

SUSAN WEBER is always such a beauty.I always look forward to seeing mine bloom...TIFFANY SHADE, is one I don't remember seeing before.its really lovely bloom.
    DIVINELY BLESSED is a very pretty one, too
    CHEROKEE STAR is a beauty and my favorite today, too.
    love the seedlings, too, especially that first one. and the kitties are so pretty, relaxing in the garden.

jean

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I think my favorites are your seedlings, and always your cat photos. What's the scoop on Tiffany Shade? That one's fairly new for you, isn't it?

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Val - Susan Weber is a marginal performer here, but it's beautiful and a late, so it stays in the garden.

Chris and Jean - I got Tiffany Shade two falls ago at the same time I got Allegheny Skyline and Cool Hand Luke. It was hurt much more by the drought than those two, which performed admirably this season. It has short scapes with 8 or 9 buds this season. And it's in a bed that was watered more during the drought than the other two.

Jean and Val - I recently got Cherokee Star planted in a bed. It had been in a large pot with All American Chief since I got it as a bonus from Irongate five years ago. The beautiful red color is always welcome late in the season when not much else is blooming. It held it's color in 96 degree temps and awful humidity yesterday.

Debra

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

Beatutiful pictures as always. I especially like Cherokee Star. Good to know it holds up in the heat. Your 2 seedlings are very pretty. Marg

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Love that Susan Weber the more I see photos of it. I also really like your two seedlings you did a great job on those two. For me though the two cats steal the show.
    Linda

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Of course my favorite is Columbus and Tux ;-).

Susan Weber looks fabulous with the edge...no eye.

Julia

• Edward_Kimball
    10 years ago

Seedling Karelia X Palace Garden Beauty is my favourite today.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Beautiful daylilies, as always. I especially like Susan Weber, August Frost, Miss Demeanor, your seedlings, and Cherokee Star, great red on that one. Best of all are the kitties, love them. Avedon

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

The cats are adorable. Tuxie has a look that invites petting...do looks deceive?
    I especially like Susan Weber. I can't decide whether I like your first or second seedling the best. I would be proud of either of them.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

SUSAN WEBER is such a wonderfull classic daylily. Kitties looking good!

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    10 years ago

Hmmm... I commented on this early this morning, but I don't see it - I guess I must not have hit the button for a second time. Anyway, I like your two seedlings the best and always enjoy seeing your gypsy cat pictures. How long have the cats been with you now, has it been three years or more than that?

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Twix - The gypsy cats have been with me for three years. It amazes me the four who live outdoors are all still alive and so darn healthy. They are healthier than Cowgirl, who lives in the house with me. Thanks for liking my seedlings!

Debra

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    10 years ago

I'm glad to hear that all the cats are doing well. They are very fortunate to have found such a good home. You have so many beautiful seedlings, you should be very proud!

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kay - Tuxie always enjoys being petted, unlike some of her offspring. She even takes breaks from eating to get petted. When I first met her, she didn't understand petting very well and would try to bite me when I petted her. Tuxie's come a long way in three years. Tuxie enjoys following me around in the garden more than the other cats. But when she follows me, the others follow her. It's amazing how much these grown up cats still love their mama.

Debra

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!