Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
more July diploid flowers blooming.............. :)

Posted by deangreen 7b OK (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 20:16

The photos above show Gene Walker and Midnight Country Blues.

Below are photos of Siloam Holland's Choice, a BIG flower but very short and pale. What I prefer are very bold bright colors, and having Siloam Andrew Trotter on both sides of the house gives some shine and attention getting from the street. :)

Below are photos of Princess Otahki and a seedling . I may have posted some of these flowers before, but I think these are different photos. :P

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: more July diploid flowers blooming.............. :)

Are your scapes, like those of many of us, shorter than normal this year? Holland's Choice is a beguiling shade of pink. I like Gene Walker too, but scape is short. Your seedling has a beautiful eyezone. Have you introduced any of your seedlings?

This post was edited by mantis__oh on Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 21:14

o

Lovely blooms and so perfect. I like the last pic of your seedling. Nice round shape .

Julia

o

I love the color and form of your seedling. I had SHC at one time but ended up culling that one because it was so short here.

o

very nice, love that last one. its a beauty.

jean

o

My favorites are Princess Otahki, and your lovely seedling.

Linda

o

My favorites are like Linda's...that seedling is really sweet.

And who's the cute shorty hiding behind the seedling at the left of the photo? LOVE that one!

~Anika

o

What a bright and saturated yellow this S. Andrew Trotter is! Lovely shot of Princess with other plants around it, and your seedling is a beauty!

o

Thanks all for the commentsl. Mantis, no I haven't introduced anything, but I am going to come up with something this fall to introduce, because you have to have at least one flower registered to qualify to enter flowers into the seedling bed during regional meetings. therefore I'm going to go ahead and register something and go from there. ha hope that made sense. this pink one bloomed a lot this year and I'm going to count how many buds it had when it's done and consider. also considering the red one with white stripes.
gothiclib, the little guy in back is a seedling from Midnight Smoke Rings X Siloam TIny TIm. I'm putting sibling pollen on it to see if I can get the color clearer and consistent. I loved discovering that little one this summer.

o

Very pretty! Your seedling is lovely.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here