Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
formerly_twixanddud

Some Emmerichs blooming here today

Going to try to make this quick... here are some of my Emmerichs blooming today. Will try to do a post of some Hansons and a post of some others soon - was going to try to do all three tonight, but not enough time. Sorry some of these aren't orientated properly, if you feel the need to cock your head to the side on some, that is why! :o)

Filled to Overflowing

Mount Ararat

Soul On Fire

Flight Into Egypt

Fear Not

Kingdom Without End

Thanks for looking... Laura

Comments (13)

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Very pretty each and every one. I love her plants.
    kay

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Wow, Laura, very nice! I don't grow many Emmerichs so I'm curious how long you've had these and if you have any statistics regarding increase and bud count.

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Thanks for showing these. I'm surprised how good Flight Into Egypt looks. How do you evaluate each of these? I'm sure they are not viewed as equals.

• nat4b
    9 years ago

They are all beautiful! Love! Filled To Overflowing is so pretty, how tall does it grow in your garden? That's a really nice pic of Flight Into Egypt. I never paid much attention to it. And Kingdom Without End is just beautiful.

• opnjmprs
    9 years ago

These are all so pretty. My favorite is Filled To Overflowing, but I like many of Karol's daylilies, and grow a few of them here,

Linda

• shive
    9 years ago

They are all gorgeous! My favorites are Kingdom Without End and Flight Into Egypt.

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

That picture of Flight into Eqypt is a real beauty. I can't pick a second place winner as they are all so pretty......Maryl

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

All very pretty. Some of Karol's do well here and others seemed to take a bit to get going. Thanks for sharing.

Julia

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nat, I went out and measured Filled To Overflowing and the scapes are about 30-36" tall here - much taller than the 24" I see it's registered at!

Chris, I really can't comment on increase and bud count, as I don't pay much attention to those things. Plus most of mine were in pots for a while. Here's a brief summary on the ones I have pictured:

Filled To Overflowing - have had for 5 years, it's been in the ground for 3 years I think. Lots of fans now. Last year it was one of 2 or 3 daylilies I had that had rebloom.

Mount Ararat - just got last May, was in a pot until last fall. 4 fans, each fan has a scape, but 3 of the fans have another shorter scape coming up (instant rebloom)

Soul On Fire, Flight Into Egypt, Fear Not (also Light of the World, Overflowing Heart, Seventy TImes Seven and Open Door) - have had for 2-4 years, were in pots until last fall. I don't think any of these rebloom.

Kingdom Without End - got last July, planted in a pot, then planted in the ground in the fall. 3 fans, 2 fans have scapes (1 fan has 2 scapes).

I have some others too.

Almost all of them have been great performers for me. The ones I like the best are the ones that are the colors I like best - purples and reds - Filled to Overflowing, Mount Ararat, Fear Not and Kingdom Without End. And I love the ones that are EMOs, since I am always up early in the morning. I think the best EMO and CMO (even on a 50 degree morning) of the ones I have is Kingdom Without End.

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Thanks for the info. It's good to know which ones are EMOs when you live in climates like ours. I'm finding that no matter how hot it gets during the day, if the night before was cool, the flowers never open completely.

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that about FTO's height.
    I just found an instant rebloom scape on Light of the World btw.
    Good to know that Kingdom without end is a CMO and EMO!

• opnjmprs
    9 years ago

Karol always seem to produce some very beautiful daylilies. I grow a number of them, and they are always great bloomers. Filled To Overflowing and Kingdom Without End are my favorites of this group.

Linda

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

These are all just gorgeous blooms. FILLED TO OVERFLOWING is my favorite but I like them all.

jean

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner