Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunday's openers

Posted by juliany 6 NY (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 20:29

I didn't go out till 11 this morning to take photos and of course not the best time to take pics. So here are a few new ones and some interesting pics on others.

CAUGHT RED HANDED
CAUGHT RED HANDED photo CAUGHTREDHANDED_zps8e0c7698.jpg
CAUGHT RED HANDED photo CAUGHTREDHANDED1_zps0c95c306.jpg

ITZA PINK TEDDY
ITZA PINK TEDDY photo ITZAPINKTEDDY_zpsff8f2856.jpg

CARNIVAL IN BRAZIL (with HALF MOON KEY ) it is too crowded where it is planted so I plan to move it this year.
CARNIVAL IN BRAZIL photo CARNIVALINBRAZIL_zps43fd4174.jpg

KENTUCKY LUCKY
KENTUCKY LUCKY photo KENTUCKYLUCKY_zps1e11f3bb.jpg
KENTUCKY LUCKY photo KENTUCKYLUCKY1_zps8592304e.jpg

JELLYFISH JEALOUSY - forgot to post it yesterday.
JELLYFISH JEALOUSY photo JELLYFISHJEALOUSY_zps0bd7dff2.jpg

EMPEROR'S CHOICE
EMPEROR'S CHOICE photo EMPERORSCHOICE_2_zps8787e05f.jpg

BROWN WITCH
BROWN WITCH photo BROWNWITCH_zps268c70a1.jpg

Interesting color changes in some blooms this morning.
OPEN DOOR had such a deep purple
OPEN DOOR photo OPENDOOR1_zpsbd5c76bc.jpg

and PREDICTION was so deep in the eye color also
PREDICTION photo PREDICTION_2_zpsaed42c07.jpg

now here is MAUI SUNRISE at 11am. All rolled back and not as deep as when I take early morning pics. But then again, I'm in full sun.
MAUI SUNRISE 11 AM photo MAUISUNRISE11AM_zps411ee0c7.jpg

and finally BLUERIDGE BUTTERFLY was huge today but lighter.
BLUERIDGE BUTTERFLY photo BLUERIDGEBUTTERFLY3_zps726dd401.jpg

Well that's it for a couple of days. Still have several more that haven't opened yet and the heat is coming back so I'm sure that will push them a bit.

Julia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunday's openers

Caught Red Handed looks like a winner! I can't wait for a clump shot of it. Again, I must get Kentucky Lucky. MUST! Might have to get Caught Red Handed too.

o

You are having a great Sunday! Cant pick a favorite.
Sherry

o

After seeing your Caught Red Handed, I'm wondering why I still have mine stunted and growing in a pot. If you can, show us a clump shot of that one. Your Kentucky Lucky is looking pretty. I'm surprised you already have those lates blooming. Open Door looks great, and more blue purple than mine ever does. Maui Sunset is my favorite one again! So vibrant and pretty!

Debra

o

wow, CAUGHT RED HANDED is pretty, I like that saturated red.CARNIVAL IN BRAZIL is a pretty one.Mine hasn't grown much. but, wasn't in the best place either.
KENTUCKY LUCKY is my favorite of these.

jean

o

I am also enjoying Caught Red Handed and am surprised at the intensity of color and high bud count.

o

Lovely Sunday flowers! My favorites are Kentucky Lucky and Maui Sunrise!
My Carnival in Brazil had its second flower today, and also with a petal doing this. I wonder if it's because it's too big no strength to open? :)
Oh and I am envious of your Prediction! It used to be one of my favorites, but mine is having deformed flowers again this year! Half the buds opened on it already and only like 2-3 blooms looked normal. It's like it's trying to double and doesn't open at all at the same time. Is yours always looking good like in the picture?

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 1:34

Like the colors on Prediction a lot and look at the buds on Caught Red Handed. You'll have many more blooms to enjoy on that one......Maryl

o

Prediction had no issues until we had high heat and then the cool down. It takes later in the morning before it opens fully on those cool mornings.
I've also noticed those plants with many buds tend to open better once the first few open and are eliminated.

I'm hoping CRH opens many on hotter days as taking pics later in the morning has me competing with the sun for good photos.

We've had an extraordinary amount of rain this year. At least 2 rainy days per week which I think is contributing to the intense colors. Add in the cooler than normal mornings.

o

All lovely! My picks are Kentucky Lucky and Maui Sunrise.

o

Maui Sunrise is beautiful!
Brad

o

My favorites are Jellyfish Jealousy and Maui Sunset.....the colors on those are outstanding.

Linda

o

I love the color on Caught Red Handed, but Maui Sunrise is a real beauty too. Itza Pink Teddy is a fine clump and has really bloomed well hasn't it, Julia?

kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here