Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Double disaster today in Helena Alabama.

organic_kitten
9 years ago

A small plane from Florida with four people on board crashed today, and it fell in someone's beautiful garden. The people were all seriously injured, and are in hospital. Onlookers pulled them from the plane which is fortunate because the plane burned.

The garden had many daylilies in it, and it was beautifully kept and everything was labeled. Many of the daylilies were burned to a chard crisp. I feel very sorry for the gardener who suffered such a loss as well as the passengers who were injured.

kay

Comments (5)

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

That Is just horrible, Kay. so sorry for those passengers in the plane,and for the gardner that lost all the daylilies.Wonder what happened to make the plane crash.theres just no way I would ever ride in a plane.I guess cars are more dangerous then planes, but, I still would never get in a plane anyway.

jean

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jean, the plane was having trouble and trying to make a small airport to land, but crashed in the back yard of the house. Neighbors saw it and pulled the people from the burning plane. The are badly injured, and that is terrible. Especially bad are burns involved. Had the neighbors not been there, the people would have died.
    kay

• Nancy
    9 years ago

How terrible, I don't think I've heard about that crash. There was a small plane that crashed here locally, but it was minor really, no one was hurt seriously. I heard about the one in Florida, & maybe I did hear about this but heard Florida mentioned & just thought it was the same crash. It is amazing that they survived, but I can't imagine the pain from the burns.
    I know the garden must be a mess, such a shame, a trauma for the homeowner to have this happen. I would think insurance will replace the plants, but such a lot of work involved.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nancy, I looked at the garden, and saw mine. Her rows were beautifully spaced, Labels in place, the remaining plants appeared well groomed and the area was altogether beautifully kept. I am sure some of the plants would be hard to find. And there is still the damage to be done removing the parts of the plane.

The people traveling on the plane feel very unlucky, no doubt, but it is almost a miracle that they lived. A couple and their teenaged child and friend of the child were on the plane. The rescuers said that the father (pilot) had them get the others out before he would leave. There was rumor that he was a wounded veteran. Burns are horrible injuries, and fractures to go with them, doubtlessly. Maybe on a smaller scale than a jetliner, but still, a tragedy.

This is a link to the photos, if you what to see them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Slideshow

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

I guess the good thing is the plane did not hit the homeowners house and killed people. Gardens can be reestablished but loss of life is forever

Julia

Sponsored
Custom Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures Solutions in Loudoun County