Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Monday & Tuesday Blooms

Julia WV (6b)
10 years ago

Catching up again. It is hot and humid here and feels like 100 F. Not my favorite weather as a short walk about the gardens and I'm sweating. Suppose to break by the weekend and have lots of rain. Hope so.
Some new and others are repeats. Not much time to do additional photos since the humidity gets unbearable with the sun beating down.

GENTLE ON MY MIND - new this spring from Korth.
{{gwi:897063}}

DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU - doubles on every opening
{{gwi:897064}}

WESTBOURNE MAMA KIRBY'S NINE BRATS - lots of fans and scapes but I dislike the color
{{gwi:897065}}

BACK TO FUSCHIA
early am photo
{{gwi:897066}}
A couple hours later when the heat was on.
{{gwi:897067}}

ELOQUENTLY EDGED - lost a lot of its colors during our heat wave.
{{gwi:897068}}

SPRING MYSTIQUE
{{gwi:897069}}

RAINBOWS GLORY - still having a hard time with a decent bloom.
{{gwi:897070}}

WILD MUSTANG - gift plant that I need to find a home for.
It is still in a pot.
{{gwi:897071}}

ANGELIC SPRING - gift plant that I need to find a home for.
Still in a pot.
{{gwi:897072}}
{{gwi:897073}}

Repeats.....

MAUI SUNRISE

CAPE ROMAIN HARBOR
{{gwi:897075}}

LIGHT OF THE WORLD
{{gwi:897076}}

MAGIC OF OZ

MEAN GREEN

SUBSPACE FREQUENCY

And of course WORTH IT ALL. Who has been behaving herself the last couple of blooms. This morning I thought to snap another photo.
{{gwi:897080}}

Now time to catch up on the forum.

Julia

This post was edited by juliany on Tue, Jul 16, 13 at 21:23

Comments (15)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wow! You have so many really pretty ones today. Cape Roman Harbor and Light of the world are beautiful clumps. Mean Green is outstanding. Magic of Oz and Subspace Frequency are very pretty a bit cooler colors. All of them are very pretty, but, predictably, Maui Sunrise is my pick. I love the reds and the brights.
    kay

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Soma my nice ones and great pictures. They all look so good it's hard to pick, but I think I'll go with Mean Green and Gentle on My Mind.
    Val

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow, some more beauties.GENTLE ON MY MIND is a beauty, haven't seen that one before.I really like that double
    DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU.Have never seen that one before either, and I like this double. a lot of the doubles really don't look like a double, but this one does. gorgeous.
    WESTBOURNE MAMA KIRBY'S NINE BRATS, what a name for a bloom. I like it, looks like a small flower, is it?really pretty one.I like this BACK TO FUSCHIA .
    BACK TO FUSCHIA photo BACKTOFUSCHIA2_zpsdc400e35.jpg

ELOQUENTLY EDGED is very pretty, too.also MAUI SUNRISE is a beauty too, and my favorite today.

jean

• shive
    10 years ago

I simply must get Light of the World. It is such a super performer for you and Kay. Others that caught my eye were Maui Sunrise, Spring Mystique and Eloquently Edged. I love the name and the bloom on Double Dog Dare You!

Debra

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Terrific group, Julia. The clump shots are amazing. Gentle on My Mind is a wonderful color, but I think I'm most taken with Back to Fuchsia. Is that one new for you? I'm not familiar with it.

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Chris: BACK TO FUSCHIA I won on one of the Regions (can't remember which region)auction on the LA last year and was sent by the hybridizer Pat Cochenour last year. Got through our cold winter just fine. Just started blooming here.

Debra: LIGHT OF THE WORLD always puts on a show. I know there is another one I've heard good things about is LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE also by Emmerich which does good too. I may end up dividing LIGHT OF THE WORLD this year. If I do, do you want some fans of it? Let me know via email.

Julia

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    10 years ago

Wow, so many beauties. I really like the fuchsia one (I googled it and it looks like full name is Back to the Fuchsia, kind of like the movie, I guess?), Maui Sunrise, Cape Romain Harbor, Mean Green and Light of the World. I have both Light of the World and Little Light of Mine and although they are both great plants, I much prefer Light of the World - the color is nicer imo, especially noticeable at the end of a long hot day in full sun.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Spring Mystique is my favorite (seems very special with that eyezone), along with Magic of Oz. Also like the flatness of Subspace Frequently. Light of the World attracts attention here, but doesn't seem that special to me.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Sorry about all the heat and humidity I know it can be brutal dealing with it. Living in FL I have to deal with it for a least six months out of the year. You have some really great looking blooms, Cape Romain Harbor and Magic Of Oz get my vote for favorites.
    Linda

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

Julia, I'm really leaning toward the purples/lavenders today. I love BACK TO FUSCHIA, SPRING MYSTIQUE and RAINBOWS GLORY. They are stunningly gorgeous!

Nancy

• nat4b
    10 years ago

So many beauties, I won't be able to pick a favorite or even two :)
    Love the color of Gentle On My Mind. Love the name of the 2nd, Double Dog :) And I like the color of Nine Brats (too long of a name :)) Back to the Fuschia is very pretty, and Rainbows Glory too, so colorful.
    Repeats are all great! I love seeing repeats. Maui Sunrise is a beautiful color and I like how it arranged flowers for a picture :) Wow, lots of blooms on Light of the World!

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Great blooms and especially great clumps. But GENTLE ON MY MIND is my favorite.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Love your pictures, so hard to choose favorites, but here goes: Spring Mystique, Back To The Fuschia, Maui Sunrise, Magic Of Oz, Mean Green, Subspace Frequency, and your clumps are wonderful. Also like the double, Double Dog Dare You, I looked up that one,it has good stats. Avedon

• deangreen
    10 years ago

maui sunrise looks great!

• gonegardening
    10 years ago

Nice pictures! Boy, I get you about WMKNB...I have some like that, i.e., great plants but the flower...bleh.

Magic of Oz is such a star! Love that plant! And, you have Mean Green!! So hard to find, lucky you.

Today, (which I guess was yesterday because I am behind...) I'm liking that Spring Mystique. Yes!

Very enjoyable photos.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler