Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some Hansons from yesterday

Posted by twixanddud z5/6 SE Mich (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 20:56

Here are some of my Hansons that were blooming yesterday...

Catastrophe Waitress
 photo Hanson01.jpg

Exquisitely Subversive
 photo Hanson02.jpg

Lounge Lizard
 photo Hanson04.jpg

Inside Informer - this flower is so much prettier in person, and has lots of buds
 photo Hanson05.jpg

Point of Divergence = for some reason, a lot of days the flowers are not opening well on this one this year
 photo Hanson03.jpg

Elmore James
 photo Hanson07.jpg

Robert Lee Batt
 photo Hanson08.jpg

Black Falcon Ritual
 photo Hanson09.jpg

Jerry Hyatt (not a great picture of it)
 photo Hanson10.jpg

Ansel Adams (not a great picture of this one either)
 photo Hanson11.jpg

Primal Scream
 photo Hanson12.jpg

Two Sues
 photo Hanson13.jpg

That's all! Thanks for looking, Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some Hansons from yesterday

Inside Informer is a luscious shade of purple in your pic, so it is hard to imagine it better. Two Sues is also striking.

o

Love those colors together. Ah girl, that photo of Primal Scream with the Bee Balm is gorgeous! Black Falcon Ritual is beautiful!
To me, Exquisitely Subversive always looks as if it has been painted. Your photos are gorgeous today. Lovely post.
kay

o

I really like the photo of Primal Scream, & love Black Falcon Ritual. Elmore James is lookin' good too.

o

Beautiful flowers! All those purples! Esp like Exquisitely Subversive and Inside Informer.
I only grow two older Hansons and both don't open that third petal right :s

o

I think the trio of Exquisitely Subversive is my favorite today. Point of Divergence has a pretty blooms and very impressive scapes. I think that one should go on the Best Budded list! Primal Scream looks fantastic with the purple monarda. Great combo!

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 10:16

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 1:46

He does some nice purples. Particularly like the colors on Black Falcon Ritual. I don't know what you'd call the color on the first one, Catastrophe Waitress, but it is one intriguing daylily. The crepe texture just adds to its interest...........Maryl

o

Great photos! I think my favorite of the group is Primal Scream because it's such a great combo with the bee balm.

o

Like the color combos of Two Sues. Great pictures from zone 6! Things are slowing down quickly here in 5.

Sherry

o

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Kay, I agree that in pictures Exquisitely Subversive looks like it's been painted - I think it's the metallic edge and the shape of the flowers. To me, Lounge Lizard has the same effect for the same reasons.

Nat, I have some older Hansons and older ones from other hybridizers that do the sticking out third petal thing too - I'm not a fan of that.

Debra, I will try to make a point of doing a bud count on POD in the next week or so!

o

I was just outside and did a little deadheading... POD has two scapes coming out of at least three fans - I noticed that on one fan a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd take a closer look. Got to love instant rebloom!

Also, Inside Informer has some crazy branching. I know it's hard to tell in this picture with the green background, but that is only four scapes. I will do bud counts at some point.

o

sure some beautiful photos. That first photo with the flowers in the background is soo pretty. beautiful daylily and them flowers just make it shine.Elmore James is such a beauty, too. with so many beauties to see,i sure can not pick out a favorite from them, They are all gorgeous.

jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here