Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best of the Week

Posted by maximus7116 MI (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 21:00

Things are slowing down, with fewer daylilies blooming that I haven't already posted. The sun was too high to get good photos, but here's the best of the week:

LANA ISHEE has been much less orange this year. I think hotter temps make it brighter.

photo DSCN6926_zps53ce7161.jpg

COBRASKIN NECKTIE is settling in very nicely.

cobraskin photo DSCN6932_zps2e3cbf21.jpg

TAHITI SWEETIE should bloom for a while with those buds:

tahiti photo DSCN6953_zpsd6911385.jpg

SWALLOWTAIL KITE is still going strong, with plenty of buds left:

swallow photo DSCN6946_zps4ddb4a03.jpg

QUILLER is a big, fun bloom:

quiller photo DSCN6975_zps73b38fe0.jpg

BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT has really impressed as a newbie:

beyond photo DSCN6931_zpsb3e8ab9a.jpg

BOSCO, the homely garden helper:

bosco2 photo DSCN6971_zps5446c371.jpg

THIRTY SECONDS OVER TOKYO. I wish I could have gotten a better shot of this beauty. The color is amazing:

thirtyseconds photo DSCN6950_zpsc79a2b3e.jpg

And another shot of the lovely CLAUDINE'S CHARM:

claudine3 photo DSCN6960_zpsd1cdd362.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best of the Week

Beautiful flowers! Claudine's Charm looks really impressive!

o

All so pretty! Love Lana Ishee and Claudine's Charm - the first and last!

o

beautiful blooms, again, I just love CLAUDINE'S CHARM.I just got to have that one,maybe next year it will be possible.
BOSCO, homely? never, hes so pretty. and I like SWALLOWTAIL KITE , too, so pretty. they are all gorgeous, including bosco.

jean

o

Claudine's Charm is always so pretty, I'm like Jean, it will come to my garden one of these days. Love the Color on Thirty Seconds. I like Bosco too, that droopy ear really gives him character :)

o

My favorites are Tahiti Sweetie and Quiller. Beyond A Reasonable Doubt looks great too. Bosco is handsome!

o

Lana Ischee and Claudine's Charm are my favorites, and Bosly isn't homely at all. He puts me in mind of my Gus.
kay

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 17:58

Bosco looks perfectly contented to be who he is. Is one of his ears folded down? I find him charming........Which I also find Claudine the daylily. Nice photo of it....The pattern on Corbra Skin necktie is unique. Is it consistant from daylily to daylily?.....Maryl

o

Bosco looks a bit lazy. You have had such success with Claudine's Charm. I see that Quiller has Wispy Rays as a parent. Cobraskin Necktie is vivid.

o

The Claudine's Charm clump is quite impressive, and Cobraskin Necktie is tantalizing again. Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo is another one that tempts me. It's great to see Bosco looking so mellow. Has Quiller quilled for you yet?

Debra

o

Thanks, all!

Bosco had an issue with his ear a few years ago that required surgery, and the floppy ear is the result. I think he looks quite rakish with it.

Cobraskin consistently has that unique pattern. It's been a nice bloomer this year (planted last year).

Debra, I think you'd like Thirty Seconds. When I rounded the corner of the garden and saw that bloom, I did a doubletake because of the viivid color. It's a glowing apricot that's appears unique (at least, in my experience).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here