Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Saturday catch-up time

Posted by juliany 6 NY (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 21:03

Busy couple of days and we continue to have more open here. Suppose to get very hot and humid here this coming week so I'm enjoying todays cloudy day.

HOT TAMALES AND RED HOTS
HOT TAMALES AND RED HOTS photo HOTTAMALESANDREDHOTS2_zps90bf414e.jpg

CROWN OF CREATION
CROWN OF CREATION photo CROWNOFCREATION_zps8e7573df.jpg

DESERT SHORE
DESERT SHORE photo DESERTSHORE1_zps277a0d9a.jpg

INDY SNOWFALL
INDY SNOWFALL photo INDYSNOWFALL_zps7572b7e3.jpg

BEST KEPT SECRET
BEST KEPT SECRET photo BESTKEPTSECRET_zps73f0a6d0.jpg

WESTBOURNE VALENTINE'S DAY
WESTBOURNE VALENTINES DAY photo WESTBOURNEVALENTINESDAY_zpsde7f8166.jpg

OH GREAT ONE
OH GREAT ONE photo OHGREATONE2_zpscac4868f.jpg

EVIDENCE OF ALIENS
EVIDENCE OF ALIENS photo EVIDENCEOFALIENS2_zps022dd5fd.jpg

SELF DETERMINATION
SELF DETERMINATION photo SELFDETERMINATION_zps3f3f9312.jpg

MISTER LUCKY
MISTER LUCKY photo MISTERLUCKY1_zpsc1937245.jpg

MAUI SUNRISE
MAUI SUNRISE photo MAUISUNRISE1_zpse6251213.jpg

SEVENTY TIMES SEVEN
SEVENTY TIMES SEVEN photo SEVENTYTIMESSEVEN2_zpsb8c41768.jpg

SCULPTED SEASHELLS
SCULPTED SEASHELLS photo SCULPTEDSEASHELLS2_zpsa296fe01.jpg

LAVENDER CREAM CASCADES
LAVENDER CREAM CASCADES photo LAVENDERCREAMCASCADES2_zpsd3518aad.jpg

MAGIC HAPPENS
MAGIC HAPPENS photo MAGICHAPPENS1_zps4b4ed6e2.jpg

TOBY VS GODZILLA
TOBY VS GODZILLA photo GOLIATHVSGODZILLA_zps32a8562b.jpg

COUNT IT ALL JOY
COUNT IT ALL JOY photo COUNTITALLJOY3_zpsdc1c9659.jpg

WASHED WATERCOLOR
WASHED WATERCOLOR photo WASHEDWATERCOLOR1_zpsa484eba0.jpg

That is it for this time around.

Julia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saturday catch-up time

Wow, I'll take almost all of 'em! Love the whites and polychromes and Hot Tamales and Red Hots. Indy Snowfall and Desert Shore are perfection in my eye.

o

My favorite is Lavender Cream Cascades, 2nd favorite is Sculpted Seashells....love that color.

Linda

o

Great group today! Love Crown of Creation, Oh Great One, Self Determination, Maui Sunrise, Sculpted Seashells, just to mention a few, but they are all so pretty, it's impossible to pick a favorite.

o

I like the way you present the flowers at a distance, so one can gauge the actual size of the flower. Sculpted Seashells is very attractive. It does seem to have a bunching of buds on the top of branches; is this ever a problem with opening?

o

Great pics! Cant choose a favorite. Especially love the clump pictures, they seem to have more character!

sherry

o

You have so many great ones today. I'll take one each of these: Oh Great One, Evidence of Aliens, Self Determination, and Maui Sunrise. By the way, I looked up Maui Sunrise after I saw your earlier pic, and the hybridizer's photo makes it look more orangey. Do you think the color in today's photo is because of the cool temps? I'm wondering if it would be more orangey in my climate. I'm not as fond of orangey as I am the way yours looks on my monitor (reddish pink).

Debra

o

So many to try to pick a favorite from, but I think I like Evidence of Aliens and Self Determination the best.

o

mantis: SS hasn't hung up yet like some others did.

Debra: Texas and NY are worlds apart in climate. MS is more red here but I'll watch to see when it blooms this week when they predict our temps will reach upper 80's and possibly 90's.

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 10:08

Julia, I love all of them but my favorites are Sculpted Seashells and Lavender Cream Cascades. Marg

o

Julia - If you can, post a photo of Maui Sunrise with warmer temps. Thanks!

Debra

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 17:18

Maui Sunset is an attention getter as is Best Kept Secret. I remember NY Rita showing Hot Tamales and Red Hots and your picture shows the same vibrant colors. Does the bloom open flat? It looks more V shaped and cupped in your photo........Maryl

o

Beautiful weekend daylilies. My faves are Sculpted Seashells (not the first time I've said that to you) and Maui Sunrise. Terrific photos.

o

What beautiful photos! Of course, I love Hot Tamales and Red Hots. That clump of Maui Sunrise is stunning! Sculpted Seashells is beautiful. and, I like Self Determination. Very nice posting, Julia.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here