Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

Rain-Doing The Happy Dance + DLS

avedon_gw
10 years ago

Finally, this evening we had a thunderstorm that put down real rain, first time in 23 days. We now have 1.63 inches of rain, and my husband won't have to be out for awhile watering trying to keep our plants going. I only have a couple of FFOs to show, but throwing in a few repeats. Avedon

Margo Reed Indeed--FFE and all that have bloomed have been perfect.

Orchid Corsage FFO the color is paler than usual, perhaps the hot weather and lack of rain.

Now for repeats:

Childish Dream Clump--this picture was taken about 11:00 a.m. this morning. Looking at it, I was reminded of Siloam Double Classic as a much bigger flower.

Bodacious Returns on a rebloom scape. This plant has five rebloom scapes.

Orange Velvet on rebloom scape--the color is way too pale and it's the camera--it won't pick up the true color.

Part-Time Princess triplets

Iszy Dizzy--a very nice double on a rebloom scape.

{{gwi:898489}}

Beautiful Edgings--rebloom--this plant has put up five rebloom scapes.

Twirling Parasol clump--five pretty blooms

Closing out with the amazing Susan Weber--this daylily has just been great for us this year.

Comments (13)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Congratulations, Avedon. I'm glad you got some rain. James Spann, the weather man, claims that having good moisture in the ground keeps the heat down a bit. 90s instead of 100s here. Hot, but it could be hotter.

Margo Reed Indeed is a beauty. Twirling Parasol clump is very neat, and and the Part-Time Princess trio is frosting on the cake. I love that name! Bodacious Returns is a real beauty too. Very nice group.
    kay

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I absolutely love Part Time Princess. That one might have to go on my wish list. Childish Dream looks like a beautiful corsage.

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

OK, I can't find info on Part Time Princess anywhere. Who's the hybridizer?

• Nancy
    10 years ago

I really like Part-Time Princess. Childish Dream really is a similar color & look to S. Db Classic, isn't it, which is probably my favorite double dayliliy. Margo is looking good too.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Part-Time Princess is a Davisson. Judy sent it to me too as a bonus. Childish Dream is a wonderful color. How would you describe it--an apricot pink? Or just an apricot? I'll look forward to seeing how that one does for you later.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Sure glad you got some needed rain, now if it will only come here, too,as I need some too.I am so tired of dragging that hose around every day to water plants and the thing kinks every few minutes and have to throw the hose down and go get the kink out again and again. love that Childish Dream Clump, very pretty. Iszy Dizzy-- is looking nice, too, but my favorite is SUSAN WEBER. its beauty.

jean

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I guessed PTP was a Davisson and found it on her Photobucket listing. Nice bonus.

• shive
    10 years ago

Margo Reed Indeed is such a pretty white. I'm glad you are liking it. My top favorite of these is the Twirling Parasol clump. Those blooms are just dancing away. Part Time Princess is a close second.

Debra

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Margo Reed Indeed, Beautiful Edgings and Susan Weber are my favorites. Childish Dreams does remind of sDC, but I didn't realize it's a bigger bloom.
    My camera also doesn't like orange especially those light oranges, so frustrating.
    And congrats on the rain! Now it seems like only Jean and I are left without..

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Yahoo for getting some rain. You sure have a great bunch of blooms I really love your Part Time Princess triplets.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi, want to make a few comments : first to Mantis and others about Childish Dream, This is a first year plant and the color is peach for us, maybe as the years go by, it will become more pink, but only time will tell. It is listed as a 6.5" bloom, hasn't achieved that yet (if we had had rain these blooms might have made it) but that makes it an inch and a half bigger than Siloam Double Classic bloom listed as five inches. If you want to see a beautiful picture of Childish Dream, go to the Hybridizer's Corner, click on the Pryor's Website--go to prior introductions. These are listed alphabetically, so easy to do. When I saw this picture, I was sold. It is pink, maybe with a peach undertone, but listed with AHS as pink. I don't care, I will take it whatever the color. If anyone is interested in seeing the other Pryor DL I bought this year, scroll down to Tribal Council. I also have that one, but it has not put up any scapes.
    Margo Reed Indeed really took hold, I am grateful to the LA seller who sent us such a good plant. I do like the Murphy-Reed DLS, hope to acquire more.
    Yes, Part-Time Princess looks to become a real goodie. I wanted to get Judy's Mean Green and Dancing On Daddy's Feet, but she is sold out right now.
    Jean and Nat, I am going to do the rain dance for you, maybe it will work, hope so. It is so frustrating seeing everybody else get rain and you miss out.

Debra and Kay, Twirling Parasol is so neat, it has looked and done so much better than I thought it would. I really like the pale lemon-lime color, and then by the evening, it is usually close to white and it holds up in the heat.
    Thanks everyone for looking, appreciate hearing from you. Avedon

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Hurrray for the rain and I am sure that the dayllies loved it.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

We had a cloud pass by yesterday. No rain, just temporary shade. I'll take it......As to your daylilies I like the form on the double Childish Dreams. Very soft and feminine color too. The rest are pretty but that's my favorite of this group.....maryl