Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21887604

Fireworks are just getting underway!

User
10 years ago

Each day another surprise as I am seeing many new daylilies bloom for the first time.

Here's an interesting flower - Choral Fantasy (another free gift). Let's hope the second bud will open all the way.

Patricia Snyder Memorial is a real beauty - hopefully she will be a little taller next year.

Here's three little troughs filled with succulents:

No More Tears is still blooming (this was a very generous bonus clump just last fall). It must be a good grower.

Lake Norman Spider is another orange throated favorite of mine.

Comments (12)

• shive
    10 years ago

No More Tears looks so pretty nestled in between those huge hostas! My Patricia Snider Memorial had short scapes for the first two years. But the third year, they got taller. Your two blooms of it are gorgeous!

Debra

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Lake Norman Spider is my favorite of the bunch today. I just love that bright color on Choral Fantasy. Lets hope the next blooms all open.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

I love the color of Choral Fantasy. I also got it as a bonus 2 years ago, this year it's too small after having a hard time after winter, but last year I had several good blooms! I was excited. You are in a warmer zone so it should open well for you.
    I also like No More Tears, love how you planted it with hostas and spirea (?) That's another one that won't bloom for me this year.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

No More Tears is my favorite it's color is just gorgeous and it looks like a super bloomer to.
    Linda

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Sp pretty! I love choral Fantasy! Unfortunately, the slugs gave me a terrible time this year, but here's how she will look when open:

Everyone you have is a beauty. Patricia Snider Memorial is always a beauty. No More Tears is a gorgeous clump, and that photo of Lake Norman Spider looks fabulous.
    kay

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the feedback everyone. The plant off to the left of No More Tears is a spirea and the little plant to the right is Heuchera mocha mint. It gets a great flower.

Kay, thanks for posting a nicely opened Choral Fantasy. This daylily has more ruffles on the edge than any I own. Hopefully I can handle that up north. Yours is very lovely!

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Hostabuff, my Choral Fantasy looked the same as Kay's (well, during the hot summer).
    I think I have the same spirea. I like heucheras too, only have one though (the other one didn't survive the winter). What are those two hostas that apparently can take the sun?

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nat, The hosta on the left is Salute and on the right Alligator Shoes. If you saw my yard, you would probably be surprised to see how many of my hosta are growing in almost full sun.

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

I've liked Patricia Snyder Memorial every time I've seen it and yours looks great. No More Tears is a beautiful pink and I love the color of Choral Fantasy. I've had a lot of trouble so far with flowers opening too. Hope yours shapes up.
    Val

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

My Choral Fantasy don't open good either till its almost out of buds.NO MORE TEARS is really pretty, too.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Lake Norman Spider is indeed very nice.

Julia

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Patricia Snider Memorial is a beauty, I always admire that one when I see it. My Lake Norman Spider didn't bloom much this year, I really meant to move it last year. It is much shorter than I expected when I planted it & taller daylilies overshadow it. It is a wonderful color & should be seen like yours :)