Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

Hooray, Deep Well People Have Arrived

avedon_gw
11 years ago

Today the deep well company showed up, only two months later than we had expected them. However, since we still have a functioning well, and so many others' wells were dried up, we were shuffled down the list. The actual drilling will probably start sometime this weekend. We don't know how long this will take but I imagine we will be in the 300+ feet range or more, so a week, ten days depending on how deep they go. I also took a photo of Royal Occasion and of the plant, not sure the 6 scapes are showing up all that well. Also, have a few more pics of the garden area. Avedon

The water well drill in place, so excited to think we will not be worrying about no water once this is done.

Royal Occasion plant with 6 scapes. May not be easy to see in the bright sun.

Royal Occasion flower--usually about 4.5 inches and a deeper color. Heat really changes the look.

Our blue salvia next to one of the KrownPrinzessen Viktoria rose bushes.

Not the best picture, but the hardy blue plumbago is doing well.

Comments (12)

• jodikay
    11 years ago

I feel your pain. We had to dig a new well about 3yrs ago since our 20' well was going dry. seriously, it was that shallow. anyway we are now about 221' and have lots of water! love the blue salvia next to your roses.

Jodi

• shive
    11 years ago

Hooray for your well! I love the blue salvia. It's just gorgeous with those roses.

Debra

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

Oh wow I did not know there was a hardy plumbago. I love that blue.

We are on city water but I want to get a well dug just to have chem. free water. The underground springs are everywhere here, the back of my neighbors yard was a natural pond with the spring water bubbling up out of the ground. She wanted a yard not a pond so she had someone come in and cap it off.

Glad you never ran out of water. Sorry to hear of so many people having their wells go dry.

Rena'

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Lovely Salvia and Plumbago. Lovely daylily also. But best news yet is the the Well diggers have arrived and you will be getting a new well that you can really rely on! Fabulous!

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Good news about a new well!
    I think I can see all 6 scapes :) and I like your rose-salvia combination

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Sounds like your on your way to getting that deeper well.

Julia

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Congrat's on your new deep well. I know what it's like to worry about wells going dry I have a shallow well to and you always get nervous about watering to much.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jodi, around here most wells are 50 feet, was amazed at you having a 20 foot well. Know you are sooo glad to have a deep well.

The blue salvia and white roses do look good together, just a happy accident, had two holes to fill and this is how it came out.

Rena, the hardy blue plumbago is Ceratostigma plumbagiodes--I sure hope I got that right. It is a ground cover plant for us, and we really like it. When I was in MO, I discovered this plant was also used there in the city parks and was also doing great.

There are quite a few natural springs in this area; unfortunately our property doesn't have one, so rejoice if you do. We have a "pond" which is really called a "catch basin"--a big hole dug in the ground and when there is lots of water, it's a pond. In the big rain season of 2009, our pond overflowed and we had lots of water out in the field, but it never did make it to the house, thank goodness. I am posting a picture of the way it looked then.

I wouldn't mind seeing this much water right now. You know I will be doing updates on the new well when the drillers start to work. Avedon

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

It looks nice with the "pond".

• mizellie
    11 years ago

I'm so happy for you Avedon. It's sad that some (me) have to rely on a well when it's been so dry. It's difficult to water enough to keep things going. We have yet to have our well go dry but I'm sure it could since it's only 70 feet deep. We live near Little River Canyon and I think our water comes from there as we also have a lot of underground springs.. The Hardy Plumbago won't live here for me. Love the Salvia w/ the lovely rose...Ellie

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

Uh oh looks like your vinca minor is trying to escape. Mine goes under my house :/ and I have to crawl under there twice a year to pluck it out. However this year we have have been out of the drought and it is really going wild. I am thinking about relocating it as I am terrified of snakes and we have plenty. I think if I ran into one under my house I'd kill myself trying to get out. lol

The rose and salvia is so pretty together. And what a beautiful view you have of the water and woods! Hope all goes well with the new well (no pun intended). lol

Have a super day Avedon!

Rena'

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

HOORAY For the well diggers about to start on a new well..
    Love that daylily. really pretty and so is that rose bush. I lived in Texas for a while with my mother years ago, and we had a weel there, too, it was just 20 ft deep,and the water tasted very good for well water. I have drank some before that tasted alful. worse then this treated city water we have here. but,i dont drink it.I bought a filted pitcher,and it makes good water and gets rid of the chemicals.

jean

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths