Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

Update on the new seedling.

mizellie
11 years ago

it seems pretty much the same but I think it has a bit more color..

{{gwi:899754}}

After picking about 2 gallons of Blueberries from my 2 bushes, here is how they look...Ellie

Comments (9)

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Hey, still lots of berries on those blueberry shrubs. Seedling looking good to me.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Seedling is real pretty, and so is that BLueberry bush, looks like you will soon be able to go pick another gallon. I have 2 small bushes too,and i didnt get any of mine except for about 6 or 8 I ate the first day they started to ripen. darm coons ate all mine.I hope it gave them a hiorrible belly ache too.

jean

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

It's a lovely seedling. A keeper! It looks a little like Eenie Meanie Jellybeany, only yours has much better color. I hope mine improves by next year.

Nancy

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

Very pretty seedling and the blueberry bushes look like they have plenty of berries left for you to enjoy.
    Val

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

The seedling is lovely, and I am so sorry about the blueberries...at least if you are as tired of picking as I was, I am sorry. If you're happy, I'm happy for you.,
    kay

• houstmag
    11 years ago

My favorite colors on your seedling I really like it.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

I love the seedling, and isn't it funny, it blends just fine with the blueberries. Sure wish we had more blueberries, but ours are gone, and the ones in the store just don't taste as good. Avedon

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

I really like the color of your seedling. We picked blueberries a while back, but it would be nice to just travel to my yard to pick them.

• mizellie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rita, I think the birds have gotten to them. All the ripe ones today are gone..

Jean, we have racoons since we are in the country but they haven't bothered mine yet. I probably will pick again Saturday.

Nancy, this seedling should not have bloomed this year. I planted the seed last year and the poor baby is only about 6" tall. However, the bloom is big so I can hope the foliage grows a bit for next year. I like the dainty double edge.

Val, I have been working so much here..daylilies/blueberries and tomatoes & okra. I am soooo tired..

Kay, I am tired of picking berries. I started with wild blackberries for jam and freezing the blueberries but gal, I am tired of it all..

Linda, i like this color too! Pink is my favorite but this color along with the near whites, run a close second..

Linda, I ate blueberries as I picked. I would have had many more except for that. I am tired of picking though, i will pick again in a couple of days. Waste not/Want not!

Chris, the bluberries are in the edge of a daylily bed so it's very easy to get to them. They are quite tall though and I have to pull them down to me. I think I will prune them this fall. Never done that. I seem to remember that shades of purple/orchid..

Thanx folks...Ellie