Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More blooms

Posted by juliany 6 NY (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 21:37

These were taken over the last couple of days. The heat and humidity is finally subsiding and we just had a good drenching of rain along with some thunder with cooler air moving in.
BLACK FATHOM DEPTHS - this is probably the shorter of the scapes. I think it has around 5 or 6 scapes. but just 4 fans. Not a big increaser yet.
BLACK FATHOM DEPTHS photo BLACKFATHOMDEPTHS_zps88f49714.jpg

LUNAR MAX - started blooming and does a great opening and so many buds and scapes again this year.
LUNAR MAX photo LUNARMAX3_zps01d46d83.jpg
LUNAR MAX photo LUNARMAX2_zps622c0807.jpg

DOUBLE RIVER WYE - always a winner.
DOUBLE RIVER WYE photo DOUBLERIVERWYE_zps16fac4fc.jpg

COTTAGE CANDY - opened today and has a bit of splotchy but I still love this one. Bud count appears to be down this year.
COTTAGE CANDY photo COTTAGECANDY1_zpsc88b25e7.jpg

JEALOUS JAKE - Opened today and has a good scape count but not sure about the budcount.
JEALOUS JAKE photo JEALOUSJAKE_zps39a96fd0.jpg

BLUEBIRD SKY - I have to think about this one as to keeping and moving it or letting it go. 2 scapes and not many buds. Could be where I have it up against the bee balm.
BLUEBIRD SKY photo BLUEBIRDSKY_zpsc3a366a6.jpg

INCENDIARY - this one I think I'll try to find a new home for. It has some good and some bad openings. Good location, increases okay, many scapes but the openings aren't to my liking.
INCENDIARY photo INCENDIARY_zpsf8d55bee.jpg

ELOQUENTLY EDGED - Might decide to let this one go too. Not in the best location. Another one up against another clump of bee balm.
ELOQUENTLY EDGED photo ELOQUENTLYEDGED_zpsfc14d544.jpg

GRACE AND GRANDEUR - Each year it would have so many scapes but this year, not so much.
GRACE AND GRANDEUR photo GRACEANDGRANDEUR1_zps0fd6cd06.jpg
GRACE AND GRANDEUR photo GRACEANDGRANDEUR_zps092aeb74.jpg

WEB OF INTRIGUE - a bit disappointed with both of the clumps I have. Not many scapes this year. One clump will go but I will always keep a clump.
WEB OF INTRIGUE photo WEBOFINTRIGUE_zps20a2ee12.jpg

I took some garden pics but will do another post tomorrow and see what else is blooming. Seedlings have also started opening. More to come.

Julia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More blooms

That's a beautiful bloom on Incendiary. It's too bad it doesn't usually open well for you. The buds and scapes on Lunar Max look fabulous!

o

Incendiary is a pretty thing, but I understand about the ones not opening making your teeth grind. Bluebird Sky is really pretty. It might be worth moving. I really like the color on Cottage Candy.
Things are heating up.
kay

o

This is a difficult year to evaluate things since we hope it is unusual, but it is also a year to test the merit of plants we were unsure of. Some have to go to make room for better cultivars. Thanks for all the reports.

o

Too bad about Bluebird Sky, because that's my favorite of the group. Sometimes I've hung on to plants too long because I've loved the face even though the performance wasn't very good. I've gotten better about letting some of those go.

o

That's a lovely combination in the Bluebird Sky picture. Too bad the daylily is not thriving in that location.

o

Lunar Max looks great, I like both photos, nice shots@

o

really nice photos. I don't even see myI NCENDIARY this year, maybe it died. I dint care for it a lot anyway.but I do love GRACE AND GRANDEUR that's a beauty.looks like yours are starting up well.

jean

o

Great photography! Thanks for providing some comments on each daylily too, good to know information.

o

I really like that Incendiary bloom. Sad to hear about its opening issues. Mine has a scape this year, we'll see.
Love the pics of Lunar Max among all these buds!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here