Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Garden, Daylilies and Seedlings

Julia WV (6b)
9 years ago

Just a few to share. Its been busy here with the holiday and family visiting and then came the storms yesterday and today.

So lets start with a peek at the garden..not the best pics since the sun was up high already.

Anyone know what this bug is?

and now the daylilies that have been blooming...

PINK WHIP TIPS

OSTERIZED

BLUE-EYED BUTTERFLY

WHIP CITY FLIGHTY TIGHTIE

WORTH IT ALL

AWESOME APPLIQUE

SPRING MYSTIQUE

SEMINOLE WIND

CLOWN PARADE

RIBBIT RIBBIT

GEECHEE SUNSET

WHIP CITY BREEZIE

MAGIC OF OZ - showing more color

PINK DEBUTANTE

INTELLIGENT DESIGN

SOUL ON FIRE

Time for just a few seedlings...

LBB X RFK KIDS

G&G X CM

JD X LTA

GJ X SBE

I'll stop here. More to upload and more daylilies yet to open.
:-)

Comments (12)

• maximus7116
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Great garden shots, but my favorite are all those RFK seedlings. She must be a great mama!

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

beautiful photos, Julia.I loved them all,and I see you have other lilies beginging to bloom, too.I love them all.asiatic and the orientals and trumpets, too.

jean

• njmomma
    9 years ago

Osterized and Worth it All are gorgeous and I always love garden pics. Your gardens are gorgeous! Magic of Oz is lovely!

Is it a stink bug?

• nat4b
    9 years ago

It does look like those stinky bugs.
    Love the garden shots. Daylilies look very nice. I love the color of Worth It All. And my favorite is Clown Parade. Everybody posts such good pics of it. I'd really like to add it too :)
    And my favorite seedling is the last one of LBB x RFK.

• gothiclibrarian
    9 years ago

That 2nd LBB X RFK is so very pretty and bright!

Looks like a nasty stink bug...hope you don't grow any squash!

~Anika

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

WORTH IT ALL is not a daylily for everyone. It can have bad blooms as well as good ones. It only had 2 openings so far and one of which I photographed.The other one was very splotchy. Substance is very heavy. Lots of buds to open yet.

I will look up stinky bug. No squash here.

CLOWN PARADE does great here but hasn't increased as fast as others.

Many of my lilies are leaning and are overcrowded. I need to find out when to dig them up and replant.

RFK does produce great kids but I've only gotten it as a pollen parent. I wonder what it would do as the pod parent.

Julia

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

I've been delighted with Magic of Oz too. Clown Parade is not so bright here. Your seedlings are wonderful. Which ones do you think you will hybridize with this year? "LBB" stands for?

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well the dry weather lasted a couple of hours but raining here again now so no more garden work.

mantis:LBB is Lavender Blue Baby. no hybridizing this year for me. No room and I need to dig out those I don't see any potential for. Hard decisions. I do plan to keep all the RFK kids and move them so they have more room. Poor things are starving for space and possibly one or two other crosses that have been here for at least 3 years.

First though I have to dig out all the ones I want to remove including the double plantings and then tackle the overgrown beasts of daylilies.

Julia

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Those RFK seedlings are real beauties. I love seeing your garden. The perennial bed is so pretty and well kept. I really like the way you planted the bed with the daylilies and lilies. That tall red lily is an eye-catcher. What is the yellow double to the right of the red lily. I usually dislike doubles, but that one appeals to me. Magic of Oz looks relly good, and I really like Souls on Fire. I remember that I really liked Ribit Ribit last year. Such a pretty bloom. That's a gorgeous shot of Clown Parade, and Worth it All looks great. My pick of the whole thing is the second of your RFK seedlings. I really like that color.
    kay

• opnjmprs
    9 years ago

Your gardens look lovely, so many lilies blooming or about to bloom. The RFK seedlings look fantastic, and Worth It All is my favorite of the registered CVs.

Linda

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

Fantastic photography and your gardens look absolutely beautiful! You sure have some nice seedlings.

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kay: The yellow double is DOUBLE RIVER WYE. Does an awesome job of blooming.

Thanks all.

Julia