Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
waitforspring2

More catch up of named ones

Waitforspring
10 years ago

Back to the backlog of pictures taken recently. I have a few ending every day and unlike some of you I get very little rebloom here. I'm past peak, but still have quite a few going and some that haven't started. You can see that I've had a problem with thrips this year.
Val
{{gwi:901203}}

{{gwi:901204}}

{{gwi:901207}}

{{gwi:901208}}

{{gwi:901212}}

{{gwi:901213}}

Comments (10)

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Floyd Boatwright does have some nice ones, such as Mari Penn. My fave is Isle of Patmos, but I don't like the height. I like the edge on the Sparks one, but not the color so much.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

I really like Cherry Burst and Isle of Patmos is always a winner to me, but Michael Miller is my favorite today.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Your pic of ISLE OF PATMOS is beautiful. Mine is still blooming and I love seeing it each day. EYE OF BEHOLDER is one I haven't seen before and I'll go look that one up. You did a great job with the photo of it. Love the cascading blooms on it.
    Wonderful photos Val.
    Did your weather cool down considerably too?

Julia

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Great blooms to show off today! Michael Miller is a beauty, as is Isle of Patmos but my favorite is Carolina Orange Glow. I love the orange with the bright green throat.

• Waitforspring
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kay and Chris--Michael Miller is a consistently gorgeous flower with a good bud count, but for me the increase has been incredibly slow. It took 4 years to add one fan. I probably should try moving it.

Isle of Patmos has been a fabulous plant. Julia, mine is still blooming too and yes it did cool off. Didn't get out of the 60s today. I loved it and were supposed to get rain. It's raining in Boston right now, but so far no more than a few drops here.

Mantis--I agree that Floyd Boatwright has some very nice daylilies. Carolina Orange Glow and Mari Penn are both very good plants. My very favorite at the moment is Love on a Wire.

Val

• User
    10 years ago

Isle of Patmos has great color. Is it as purple as the picture? I also like Eye of the Beholder. I bet a clump featuring that flower is gorgeous!

• nat4b
    10 years ago

They are all so pretty in this post, all my taste. Love Cherry Burst, I lost mine, but really want something similar, or maybe I just need to try again. Isle of Patmos is beautiful. Love Michael Miller and Forgotten Dreams. Wow that Carolina Orange Glow looks exactly like my orange noid in this picture, I even looked it up, but my noid can't be it, it's too new, and my noid is probably twice as tall..

• Waitforspring
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hostabuff, the color of Isle of Patmos looks pretty true on my monitor.
    Val

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

The clump shots of Isle Of Patmos, and Voices Of Spring are so pretty. I like Springfield Clan's red color, and the color of Carolina Orange Glow, very, very nice. Avedon

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Carolina Orange Glow's color stopped me in my tracks. What a great shot of it. Eye of the Beholder is another very pretty one. Good group of daylilies.....Maryl