Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
waitforspring2

Steamy Sunday shots

Waitforspring
10 years ago

Still hotter than usual here. Guess the daylilies like it more than I do. Here are a few that were blooming today.
Val

Both of these are still fairly new here so I'm still evaluating them.
{{gwi:901878}}

Love the look of this one, but it could use more buds.
{{gwi:901879}}

This one seem to have hit its stride this year.

Love the flower, but not the best performer for me.

High bud count and long bloom season--a real "doer"

One of my favorites

Comments (16)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Very pretty Val. I like Star Over Oz, and always like Wild Horses
    kay

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

I like Classic romance and the last one. very pretty.

jean

• shive
    10 years ago

Radiant Ruffles is a cute one, and the colors of Reforma Blvd. are very appealing!

• sann777
    10 years ago

My favorite of these is Radiant Ruffles. I also like that Wild Horses. All are very nice. Thanks for posting pics. Sarah

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I like the green throat of Star over Oz so will pick it as my favorite. Classic Romance is a pretty rose pink to my eyes even if bud count isn't up to snuff. Maybe bud count will improve???.....Maryl

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Nice grouping. Star Over Oz looks to be quite a large bloom with a nice green throat. Does it hold straight or does it lean?

Julia

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I too just recently got Wild Horses and am disappointed in its performance.

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

Star Over Oz is very nice. I love the colors. Classic Romance is such a pretty pink. I like the last one best though. Marg

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Nice photos. Really like Star Over Oz, and Reforma Boulevard which has done well for us so far. Wild Horses is so pretty and such a dud here, will be leaving soon. Avedon

• nat4b
    10 years ago

They are all beautiful, I especially like Star over Oz and Wild Horses. WH doing good here.

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Yes, pretty blooms on hot Sunday. I love them all. I can't decide on a favorite so I pick them all.

• Waitforspring
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nat, I'm glad to hear that Wild Horses is doing well for you. Here it has increased will, but the scapes average 7 buds which is too low for me. Most of my bud counts seem to be down this year but this one has always had a low count. I have put up with it because its so pretty, but I'm running out of patience. Sounds like I'm not the only one.

Julia, the scapes on Star Over Oz lean slightly, but not enough that I find it a problem. I love the green throat too and it is big.

Maryl, I wish the bud count on Classic Romance would improve. I don't think I can make any decisions this year because lots of the counts are lower.

Val

• nat4b
    10 years ago

I counted 20 buds on all early scapes of Wild Horses. I will count on the later shorter ones too. But how many scapes it has? I think even if those early scapes are an anomaly I'd still keep mine with 7-10 buds if there are a lot of scapes. I just don't have anything similar and this one opens well, and seems to be looking ok after a day in the sun (one of veeery few)

• lalalandwi
    10 years ago

I love your 1st photo! That must be a beautiful sight in person!

Radiant Ruffles is stunning! I am not familiar? It performs like a rock star too?! I need to look that 1 up. Not like I got much time right now so if you could help me out that would be fantastic.

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Beautiful flowers! I think my favorites are Radiant Ruffles and Reforma Boulevard. I tried to grow RB for years without success, but it looks beautiful in your garden.

• Waitforspring
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nat, I'd be thrilled id Wild Horses performed like that for me. Maybe Ii should try moving it and see if its happier. I do love the flower.

lalalandwi, Radiant Ruffles is an oldie registered in 1987 --registration info diploid, 24", 4.75" Midseason. In my yard the bud count is in the mid 20s and each of the last four years it has bloomed for over 6 weeks.

Chris, sorry that Reforma Boulevard didn't do well for you. It's not the performer that Radiant Ruffles is for me, but it's done fine and I love the flowers.
    Val

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm