Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Catching up on Blooms - Part IV

Posted by hostabuff Zone 6a MA (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 22:02

I believe this post will capture the remaining blooms for the week of July 8th. It was a good week for lovely new blooms.

In search of the perfect purple (in my eyes, that is a purple with blue undertones vs. red undertones). Here is Prince of Midnight - lovely but not as purple as I would like.

photo PrinceofMidnight.jpg

Victoria Grace lights up the garden.

photo VictoriaGrace.jpg

Newberry Sparkle Plenty

photo NewberrySparklePlenty.jpg

Night Beacon

photo NightBeacon.jpg

Our cat Juani who should be out hunting down voles instead of lollygagging in the garden!

photo 021.jpg

Greywoods Sunny Smiles

photo GreywoodsSunnySmile.jpg

Magic of Oz

photo MagicofOz.jpg

Spiritual Corridor - looking much prettier than last year!

photo SpiritualCoridor.jpg

Ruby Lipstick - Every bloom has been perfect!

photo RubyLipstick5-1.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Catching up on Blooms - Part IV

Lots of pretty blossoms, Prince of Midnight reminds me of Lexington Ave which I really like. Victoria Grace is really pretty & Ruby Lipstick is always a looker. The best is Juani though.

o

Does your Ruby Lipstick always have the yellowish tinge?
Magic Of Oz is my favorite.

Julia

o

Pics are very pretty . Love Juan. He looks as if he is posing. Victoria Grace is my choice of these.
kay

o

Of course the daylilies are pretty, but a cute kitty in the garden always steals the show as far as I'm concerned! Love those big eyes and innocent expression. My Victoria Grace is still a couple weeks from blooming so I am glad to see yours. I love that daylily.

Celeste

o

Magic Of Oz is my favorite, but love your calico Juani, what a cutie, Avedon

o

Thank you for the comments on my little kitty and the flowers. Julia, my Ruby Lipstick is blooming for the first time. I was expecting it to be a little creamier, however I do like the current shade. Don't you sometimes wonder if there are things in the soil that can influence the color of the daylilies? I have never done an analysis or PH test in any of my beds.

o

Victoria Grace is my favorite. Your kitty is a beauty.

o

Lovely daylilies and what a super garden helper you have. It looks like she telling you are you serious lolly gagging !!!!! I've been working my paws to the bone chasing down varmints.
Linda

o

Magic of Oz is my fave. Here, Ruby Lipstick is quite creamy.

o

Juani is such a cutie! You have some lovely, lovely blooms. My favorites are Victoria Grace and Ruby Lipstick. It's nearly impossible to find a purple without red undertones. Prince of Midnight is one that is close. Here in my garden Jazz After Five is one without the red undertones and a little spider whose name alludes me. I spent years looking for one closer to the crayon purple. But now I've just accepted daylily purple isn't the same as petunia purple.

Debra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here