Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Great Lates.....yikes

Posted by opnjmprs 6 PA (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 22:08

My lates have now taken over the show, with a few of the midseason bloomers finishing.

Heartbeat Of Heaven still has lots of buds
Heartbeat Of Heaven photo 001_zpsb4334a82.jpg

Angels Gather Around is really showing off
Angels Gather Around photo 002_zpsb54dce90.jpg

Atomic Glow still has a lot of buds
Atomic Glow photo 030_zps0ac7738d.jpg

a few of my favorite seedlings still showing off
OME X LB R6 photo 014_zps1909a667.jpg

PLP x COSENZA photo 008_zps5eb4e067.jpg

LAS X TGBTG photo 006_zps84bc8d92.jpg

LAS X TGBTG photo 002_zps5255f791.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Great Lates.....yikes

Wow! Those are some outstanding seedlings! I love all four of those!

Debra

o

well, every one of them are gorgeous and really showing off.got any more showing off?

jean

o

Angels Gather Round is a beauty! I like the yellow too. Is it the usual look of HOH?
Your seedling though, wow! Gorgeous. Especially love the first one, super!

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 1:36

I like that bottom seedling the best. It's a real attention getter for me. Also like all those ruffles on Angles Gather Round. Nice group.........Maryl

o

What are the parents of the last seedling? Or, for that matter, seedlings one and two? Angels Gather Around looks like an especially frilly and somewhat sculpted JT Davis.

o

The seedling in the first pic is great.

Julia

o

Sign me up for that last seedling!

o

nat4b.....HOH never looks the same on any given day. I don't know why that is. It's been here for years, and fires off tons of blooms, but I can never predict from day to day how it's going to look.

Mantis_oh.... The last 2 seedlings are Lillian's Alabama Sunrise kids, LAS seems to pass on that Rose colored eye to just about anything I cross it with.

The first seedling is my best guess as to the pollen parent. I lost a number of seedlings in that row, so my map only assures me of the pod parent which was Open My Eyes.

The pink seedling is a cross of Pink Lemonade Party X Cosenza

o

Thanks for HOH info. Tons of blooms sounds nice! May I bother you again re HOH? I know you are warmer than me but does it usually open fully, ever tangles?

o

HOH tends to bloom late here, and has always managed to get itself open without my assistance, but I'm likely warmer than you zone-wise, so couldn't say how it would perform in zone 4. I can't divide anything at this time of year, but my clump need dividing. If you want a few fans next spring, I'd be happy to send you some for the cost of shipping.

Linda

o

Your seedlings are all 'wow'! Love them all.

o

Thanks so much for your offer! I actually have a tiny fan of HOH, it keeps dying and coming back, I don't know how long it can go on like this. Probably got a weak division or smth because I can't believe it is so tender. So I'll gladly take you up on your offer next spring if it's no bother, thanks!

o

Your seedlings are just beautiful!
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here