Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remy_gw

Trip to Lasting Dreams Daylilies, Photos

remy_gw
11 years ago

Hi All,

Last Sunday, I took a trip out to visit a fellow BADS (Buffalo Area Daylily Society) member, Carol Haj at her daylily nursery. If any of you are going to or at the Nationals, she will be there. Make sure to say hi to her. She's super nice.

It was a beautiful sunny day, and I ended up taking a lot of pics! So this is just a sample, there's a whole bunch to check out on the link below. I know some of you like to look at lots of pics : )

Swedish Girl

Can You See Me Now

Cote D'Azure

Dark Tower

Starry Eyed Babe

Baby Blue Eyes, not a good pic, looked really nice in person. I bought this one.

Fun Fling

Peggy Jeffcoat

Red Hot Boom

Hope you enjoyed them,

Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Lasting Dreams Daylilies Photos

Comments (7)

• shive
    11 years ago

It looks like a nice visit. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Debra

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

I am sure that you had a marvelous time. It looks to be a very pretty pace. And so many lovely daylilies. Just awesome. Thats for posting!

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Lots of lovlies. What a fun thing to do. I really like Red Hot Boom. Thanks for posting them
    kay

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Did you take all the pics on the link? There are a lot of nice ones there. Bart Roberts, for one, caught my eye, as well as some of the seedlings. I'm surprised that some of these thrive that far north--ones such as Can You See Me and Strawberry Lace (which did nothing here). There is no substitute for seeing things in a garden in your area.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Glad to see you had a good day.

Julia

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Beautiful flowers! I always want to visit a daylily garden, & there are at least a couple in KY. One of these days I'm gonna do it. I got invitations to a couple who were having open gardens this year, but I thought it seemed late to be going this year. My daylilies have really faded, mostly reblooms going now.

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Glad Everyone is enjoying them!

Kay,
    Red Hot Boom was really pretty in person. All of Nicole Harry's were. Carol and I even discussed her since I was surprised to see daylilies from Florida doing so well.

Mantis,
    Yes, I took all the pics. I could of taken even more!
    The discussion about Nicole Harry and hardiness included a couple ideas. One, Carol dips all of her daylilies in s solution (I can't remember off the top of my head.) It seems that daylilies are often harboring a disease (can't remember name!) that causes the tops to die off sort of like a failure to thrive. She first heard about it when there was trip to daylily place in a warmer location, and many of the attendees daylilies that they brought home were croaking. A mass death was occurring. So it seems that the disease sort of lurks where warmer, but in colder areas it kills them. A couple very well known hybridizers were the ones who knew what was happening and suggested the dip.
    Two, the snow blanket that occurs around here in winter is a good insulator and protects them.

ngraham,
    You really should go! It is amazing to see so many varieties. This weeknd, a couple friends and I are going to Cottage Garden Daylilies, we make a trip of it every year.
    I really feel lucky to have such great daylily places around here.
    Remy

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner