Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
waitforspring2

Finally a few more pictures

Waitforspring
10 years ago

At this rate I'll be posting pictures of this summer's daylilies in November. These are probably at least a week old. I hope I haven't posted any of them before.
Val

{{gwi:902393}}

{{gwi:902403}}

{{gwi:902407}}

Comments (12)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Wow! You have some beautiful pictures to post today, Val.

Javanese Jewel is lovely, Look at the tentacles on Golden Tentacles! Big Hearted Lady may be my pick, but Margo Reed Indeed is always a beauty. I like the bloom form and the color of Her Best Bloomers. Abba and Pearl Harbor are both gorgeous.
    kay

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Some striking shots of multiples. Javanese Jewel, which I hadn't seen before, especially caught my eye. I wish it were taller. Knights in White Satin hasn't been a great grower here.

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I'm picking Her Best Bloomers and Big Hearted Lady. Are they both good growers for you? Nice clump shots of Pearl Harbor and Abba, also. They never looked that good here!

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow, you really have some beauties today, love that ABBA and HER BEST BLOOMERS, what a name for a bloom.BIG HEARTED LADY is a beauty, too and I have always liked KNIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN...LOVE ON A WIRE is a beauty, too.. Thanks for sharing them.

jean

• shive
    10 years ago

You know, Val, we'll really need to seeing some daylily pics in November. LOL! Your Love On A Wire looks so well budded. I really need to get that one in the ground if it can perform so well. My favorites are Abba and Big Hearted Lady.

Debra

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Big Hearted Lady may be my favorite, but really hard to pick a favorite from these, I like them all.

• Waitforspring
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mantis--Javanese Jewel is a beautiful flower, but has a modest bud count and blooms out pretty fast. Knights in White Satin was doing nothing here until I moved it. Now it's doing well.

Chris--Her Best Bloomers and Big Hearted Lady have both done very well here.

Debra--Love on a Wire has had a great bud count here from the beginning. I took off a couple of fans last year for trade and it didn't seem to phase it in the least. Wish all of them behaved like that.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
    Val

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

They all are just beautiful. Like most here have to go with Big Hearted Lady as my favorite, and even though I don't care for UF's that much, the combination of Watchyl Digital spider with whatever that daylily in the background is, really pops for me......Maryl

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    10 years ago

So many pretty ones, but think I like Abba and Love on a Wire the best.

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

My favorites of these are Her Best Boomers, love the form and color of that one, and Knights in White Satin. Marg

• User
    10 years ago

A beautiful bunch of daylilies. When I opened the post - all I could think was WOW when I saw Abba. Beautiful.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

You can post pictures like these anytime, you will have an audience. All lovely, really like Abba, Big Hearted Lady, Margo Reed Indeed, and Reforma Boulevard. Avedon