Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hymn

Posted by pat_tea PNW, Van,WA (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 22:11

I also have: Abendego, Jacob, Little Isac, Pearls before Swine, and I'm looking for Gentle Shepherd.

I brought these from my Gardens in Vancouver where I used to live. I had a Bible Theme Garden with Burning Bush, Halo Dogwood, Jacobs Ladder, Lily of the Valley and on and on. It was a fun garden to put together.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hymn

So have you looked at Karol Emmerich's intros. Take a look at Springwood Gardens daylilies for an eye full of Bibical names.

kay

o

Which one is this, it's beautiful. Avedon

o

It is very nice.

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 12:46

Hymn is very nice. I love that soft colr and the form is very nice. Marg

o

Pat, I have looked up Hymn on the AHS database and the picture looks different from this one. What do you think? Avedon

o

it doesn't even resemble the AHS photo..Even the discription on Tinkers is different as far as size goes. Look at Tim Bell's daylily garden. He does a lot of the spiritual names since he's a christian. Holy Spirit is an old one you might like. Holy City, Mountains Bow Down are just a couple. There are tons of Bibical names and sayings..I no longer have Gentle Shepherd or I woould send it to you! Ellie

o

Consider Mary's Baby and Moses' Fire for your biblical garden.

o

It's pretty, whatever it is.

o

Thanks for the ideas. I get so confussed with all the daylily names. I used to obsess over my roses names but over the years I have gotten pretty good at knowing their names. Although I have to admit I have four children, 11 grandchildren and one great grand child and I know all their names (lol) but get us all in one room and I will call role before I get the name of the one I'm addressing at the moment. It doesn't help that most of them have K and C names. . . Oh my.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here