Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

few blooms for Friday evening.

jean_ar
10 years ago

I took these photos about sundown this evening.I thought they still looked pretty good inspite of a 93 degree day.

ok, that's all,I see one photo wasn't uploaded with the bucket.

jean

Comments (15)

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and the one that was left out.I think they are so pretty,and I wanted them in the uploads, too.,,jean

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

You can't beat Zinnias for mid summer in warm areas. pretty.....Your daylilies are pretty too, but no surprise Wonder of It All and China Bride take the first two spots in my heart. What nice daylilies they are......Maryl

• AnnRosalee
    10 years ago

The Wonder of It All looks really fresh. Seems like the heat would have wilted it. I love the zinnias. My mom had a bunch of them when I was growing up. They were in front of our porch and they grew tall. You have a lot of day lilies blooming now. Ann

• houstmag
    10 years ago

I agree with you Jean they all look amazing after a hot day.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Always love it when the daylilies hold up in heat. Yours are looking fine, and the zinnias are really colorful, love them. Avedon

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Your daylilies look great, Jean, they have really held up well.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for looking and commenting on the blooms. I had no intentions of taking pictures yesterday, as no new blooms to show, but all of these looked so niceI decided to go ahead and take pictures of them.I don't think it ever gets too hot of wonder of it all or China bride either.They don't seem to care what the weather is like as long as they get a drink when needed.and the zinnias are the same way,they laugh at the heat.

jean

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

Wonder of It All and China Bride are my favorites. I like the soft coloring of CB. I have Beautiful Edging but she's not open yet. Marg

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

They look really good in spite of the heat, Jean. the zinnias are always so perky, they add a lot to the yard.
    kay

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Jean, your plants look fabulous after a hot day. Do they get some shade? And I love the zinnias. They look so cheery.
    Val

• shive
    10 years ago

Wonder of It All (reblooming, hooray!) and the zinnias are my favorites. Wonder of It All has such heavy substance that no amount of heat you throw at it will wilt it. It's pretty, but it's tough too. I just wish all of my blooms on it would open all the time.

Debra

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Love the frilly edges on WONDER OF IT ALL, and the baby pink of CHINA BRIDE! OKTOBERFEST is great for a hot summer's day....such a scorching orange! And CONDILLA is just so bright and sunny!

Tammy

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Those zinnias look really pretty, I do love zinnias. The daylilies all held up very well in the heat. I will go with China Bride for my favorite.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

VAL: No shade in my yard at all.everything is out in the hot sun all day.they get no relief untiill sundown.
    DEBRA: I wish all your blooms would all open good, too on Wonder of it all, so you could injoy its beauty, too.I am outside about a dozen times a day, not long at a time, maybe 15 minutes in this heat, but I go out to look at this beautiful bloom.I cant get enough of this daylily.and I do love china Bride,,too.
    Thank you all for looking and commenting on the blooms. much appreciated

jean

• nat4b
    10 years ago

They look great after the hot day! Some time I should post what I have here in the afternoon, for laughs :)

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner