Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pics from Nationals, better late than never!

Posted by dlpsych 6a (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 31, 12 at 22:26

Thought I should get on here and post some of my pics from the national convention. It was excellent, and I am so glad that I was able to attend. The gardens were wonderful and full of ideas. It was past peak, but plenty of wonderful daylilies were blooming.
We toured 8 different gardens, and each one was a treat.
I'll start with pictures of garden art that caught my eye.
Photobucket
Photobucket
For those of you that love birdhouses!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
And Birds, he was a special guest at one of the gardens.
Photobucket
The sails on the dock caught my attention.
Photobucket
The large daylilies were especially made for the convention, and everyone was drawn to them. A few were raffled off, but I had no luck!
Photobucket
A few garden scenes, this was a residential garden that was quite impressive.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I had better post a few daylilies!
Tropical Pirate,
Photobucket
Stargate Portal
Photobucket
Heavenly Bombshell
Photobucket
Pigment of Imagination, I couldn't get a really good picture of this amazing daylily, it was so impressive, that I already ordered it!
Photobucket
Richard Norris of Ashwood Gardens, was on our tour bus, and Pigment of Imagination is his daylily. Everyone wanted a picture of him next to his daylily! It was a pleasure to meet him and his wife.
Photobucket
The gardens, the daylilies, and the people made this a great trip!! I'll have to post more later, I have tons of pictures.
Cindy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pics from Nationals, better late than never!

wow, These pictures are fabuleous CINDY. Love them all, and them bird houses is some thing, very pretty, and I love the mc call parrot.and that HEAVENLY BOMBSHELL bloom is gorgeous.the daylily thing, whatever it was called is so pretty.I know you would have liked to had that to bring home.

jean

o

Looking forward to your next post!!

o

Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

o

Thanks Cindy. I appreciate the garden scenes. Also, the pic of Richard Norris with Pigment of Imagination puts the bloom size into perspective. Very nice.
Looks like there was plenty of blooms to see :-).

Julia

o

Lovely daylilies and the dock and waterview caught my attention also. That would be a lovely setting. And so nice to see Richard Norris as I have many of his wonderful intros.

o

Beautiful picture! thanks so much. Lovely daylilies, garden art, and I do love birdhouses, so all good.
kay

o

Wonderful pictures, Cindy. Sure you had a great time touring all the gardens and seeing the flowers. All the daylilies in this post are really impressive, especially Pigment Of Imagination. You can see the grayish tones in the petals. Looking forward to more pics in the future. Avedon

o

It was fun going on the 'trip' with you. I enjoyed both your posts. My favorite things besides the daylilies were the frog statues. I have quite a few in my own garden so I got a chuckle out of them.

Celeste

o

Lovely photos! I especially enjoyed seeing the garden art, the photo of Richard Norris, and the photo of 'Stargate Portal' (wonderful color on that!).

Thanks for sharing.

o

Very nice garden art you captured! I really like Tropical Pirate.

Debra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here