Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some that bloomed today

Posted by opnjmprs PA (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 22:29

First one Is of a toothy seedling. RS X RF

RS X RF photo 001_zpsfd25fa79.jpg

This one is Victorian Garden Star Bright.
Victorian Garden Star Bright photo 011_zps671b47d1.jpg

SOW X CT
SOW X CT photo 008_zps7f80599d.jpg

CB X NGL
CB X NGL photo 006_zps1ee391c5.jpg

MF X TGBTG

MF X TGBTG photo 004_zps2d030c2d.jpg

VBY X WV
VBY X WV photo 007_zps94c51814.jpg

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some that bloomed today

well I like the first one a lot, but that next to the last one, so corally pink/peachy! pretty!!

o

well,i really like the toothy first one,and all of the other, too.My favorite being the last one.gorgeous.

jean

o

Wow, you must be really happy with your seedlings, they are beautiful! I love the first one especially.

o

Numbers 4 & 5 are my favorites. May I ask what the abbreviations stand for?

o

The rain just washed out all my morning crosses. I should have capped the pistils today, but thought I might beat the rain, so I didn't do it. Oh well.

Thanks for the kind words regarding my seedlings.

Mantis....the abbreviations I use are the first letters in the pod and pollen parents name. If I make a cross with Allen Lane Agin, I will use the letters ALA to identify that particular plant.

Linda

o

Your toothy seedling looks like a winner. Besides the edge, it has nice rich color and a good watermark. My other favorite seedling is the second one. Nice contrast between the eye and petal color!

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Thu, Jul 3, 14 at 17:36

o

Pretty! especially like the first one for its edge and color.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 3, 14 at 16:11

You must be happy with the results of those crosses. The first and last one are my favorites. I like the last one for the wider throat color, but the splotches take away a bit from it. I'm sure they will clear up for you though......Maryl

o

Wow! Victoria Garden Star Bright is dark! Love it!

o

Impressive. You must enjoy getting up in the mornings to race out and see what's happening in the seedling beds.

Lovely pictures.

o

Impressive. You must enjoy getting up in the mornings to race out and see what's happening in the seedling beds.

Lovely pictures.

o

That toothy seedlings is a beauty.
kay

o

Great Seedlings - all of them!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here