Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
opnjmprs

Happy for what's left

opnjmprs
9 years ago

Seeing fewer and fewer blooms in the beds these days, but there still have been a few pleasant surprises,

The mornings have been cool, but the day's approaching the 90's. Butch and Barbara's Cracked Eggs does an amazing job of getting open without help.

A cross of Victorian Garden's Oh Happy Day X Vertical Horizon taking over the walking path between my seedling sections. It increases fast, and sends up bunch's of scapes. I need to find it a new home.

I bought a bunch of seeds from Mike Lyons one year...got this seedling from one of his unknown crosses. The scapes have been taller in previous years, the size, color, and bud count, fertility, have always been outstanding.

This Open My Eyes seedling put out another bloom today.

This one started blooming recently, and I'm in love with the vivid colors and huge edge. Picasso's Intrigue before I took the pollen was impressed,,,,,,turned around after I took the pollen and the color blew me away.

AFTER

Leo Lazar started to bloom recently....I'm impressed already.

Almost forgot the surprise....I don't cross for white daylilies, but found this one blooming in my seedling beds.

Linda

This post was edited by opnjmprs on Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 22:42

Comments (6)