Delayed Arrival (not a re-bloom)

Mask of Time:

Etosha:

Donna Jack:

Guiding Radiance:

Wild At Heart:

All but one of the above were re-blooms:

This is the first rebloom bloom on Moses in the Bullrushes:

And Rocket Booster has been such a fun plant. It might have two or three blooms, or one huge poly like this:

I am down to only a few plants still blooming and I think two more to re-bloom yet. It has been an incredible year, with 96 re-blooms of my approximately 300 plants. I am still taking pictures most mornings, since I have had quite a few of them to continue putting out blooms. My season started April 17th and it started with a bang, not slowly as it usually does. I am ready to rest a bit then start reordering the garden. I'll have a few more than a dozen to look forward to new blooms next year, if Debra and Rita will just quit enabling me. I've given up on Floota. she always enables, if not her beautiful garden, then the show gardens. And Julia and Chris, and Mantis, and Nancy and all the enablers out there. My garden is beautiful because of your pictures. Ah well. It's only money...and I don't even want a 12 step plan for my addiction.

kay

Comments (10)

• shive
    11 years ago

You've had a really long season, Kay! I'm picking Guiding Radiance as my favorite of these because I don't remember seeing it before. They are all gorgeous! I hope Linda Beck will rebloom for me in the future. It's such a wonderful purple, and I always like the color on Crown of Enchantment.

Debra

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

You certainly have had some beauties blooming.WILD AT HEART is really pretty, too.Does your CLOWN PARADE rebloom?

Jean

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

You have so many nice ones and a fabulous amount of rebloom. Since I don't get much rebloom here I'm choosing Delayed Arrival as my favorite. I love the soft lavender color and the fact that it's late.
    Val

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am not sure that I posted Guiding Radiance before, Debra. I have many. many pictures that I didn't post, and I'm sure some of my cultivars never had their picture posted this year. I did, by the way, win Wild Apple Autumn on the auction. I loved it from your pictures, and look forward to it next year. Linda Beck is a consistent rebloomer for me, and she s one of the good ones that blooms as much on rebloom as initial bloom.

Jean, Clown Parade has never rebloomed for me. I think ngraham had a rebloom scape on it.

Thanks Val. For some reason, I have had tremendous rebloom the last two years.

Thanks you all for looking and commenting on my pics.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Kay, we all have the same adiction here as we all just love the daylilies. I am absolutely blown away that almost one third of your daylilies rebloomed. The reboom just gets better for you each year. You sure do have the magic touch when it comes to daylilies LOL! Crown of Enchantment looks fabulous, my favorite today.

• houstmag
    11 years ago

I love them all no clear cut favorite. I'm so glad everyone could enable your addiction after all there is safety in numbers.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Great post, Kay. Philistine Champion is definitely on my want list (along with a thousand others--LOL) love the coloring of Etosha and the poly bloom of Rocket Booster. I remember telling a forum member that my DL budget was on life support, but it didn't stop me from reserving 3 DLs from Judy Davisson. I am getting IN HER PINK HIGH HEELS, MR. BUTTERS, and RAMBUNCTIOUS ROSIE. Notice that these are older cultivars, and so lower in price, but I love the way they look and will be planting them this fall. Now if only we didn't have to have that deep well, I could have spent all that money on daylilies---REALLY BIG LOL!!! Avedon

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks you Rita, But it is probably not deserved. I think climate must be responsible. I don't do anything others don't do. Alfalfa meal after they emerge and are about 3 inches high. Fish emulsion drench (a real pain, I might add) about 10 days later. In a normal year, they would get some dilute liquid fertilizer about 10 days to 2 weeks later. Not this year, the blooms started too soon. So, it has to be they like the climate and the acidic clay soil here. Or luck, who knows, but it isn't skill, that's for sure. I promise I am going to spray for leaf streak next year. sick of ratty folaige unlike your lush green folaige.

Thanks Linda, I have taken it to the extreme ann the company isn't stopping my purchases very well; but I am not going to buy Bob Marley, I am not going to buy Baja California, I am not going to buy...ha!

Thanks Avedon. There are always necessities that interfere with fun, aren't there? Rocket Booster has really come into its own this year especially, the blooms are huge, at least the polys are; a good nine inches minimum. and it has rebloomed very well. Etosha is a Munson that is a beauty. a wonderful bloomer and rebloomer. Opens early, laughs at drought, and has little to do with either thrips or rust. A nice carefree bloomer.

Philistine Champion is a wonderful, wonderful bloom. It was near the rust outbreak, but never had a speck. It blooms and blooms and blooms, and the blooms are huge...usually there are at least a couple. this was it's second summer. Rita was so very kind to share it with me. Phil Korth told me he had not been able to oiffer it mail order in years since every time his clump builds up, he sells out of it, so you may need a friend. I'm glad you got the well so you can have water.
    kay

• nat4b
    11 years ago

You are having a terrific season! And you have lots of beauties
    I love all the blooms today especially Rocket Booster, Guiding Radiance and Linda Beck.

• JJOF
    11 years ago

Moses in the Bullrushes is my fave. All the blooms are beautiful!
    Jason

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor