Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Tiring Day ...but FFO

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Went to the gym, worked out, walked two mile, then came home and started putting out new mulch after weeding the jungle from all the rain.

But a FFO today, Delayed Arrival puts in it's first Appearance:

Lily Dache is an oldie, but an excellent bloomer:

Handwriting On The Wall had a triple-play:

Red Slippers on Re-bloom:

Songwriter is beautiful on Re-bloom with slugs gone:

Island Time:

Wild Child:

Arctic Lace a wonderful Re-bloomer here:

Forsyth's Peekaboo:

Possession of Obsession on Re-bloom:

kay

Comments (12)

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Handwriting on the Wall really jumps out. I also like Peekaboo. What Forsyths would you recommend (other than, of course, Ace of Hearts)?

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I want the pinks -- Songwriter and Delayed Arrival. I love Arctic Lace and can only imagine how much better it would be with rebloom.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mantis, I have a number of Forsyth's and they all tend to do well here. Garrett mason is probably the prettiest of his blooms. Ace of Hearts and Eyes of Distinction have done well from the first year. It took Peekaboo a couple of years to put out a lot of blooms. It also re-blooms. I suspect you would like Garrett Mason the best.

Chris, it has always re-bloomed here, but Debra said it had never re-bloomed for her...and you can see, it really re-blooms here, so it surprises me that it hasn't for her. The slugs had made a splotchy mess of Songwriter, so I am happy to her the pretty blooms now on re-bloom. they were ugly before.
    kay

• shive
    10 years ago

Arctic Lace always reblooms here too, except last year when the 109 degree temps killed the scapes. Red Slippers however, has not rebloomed for me. Your RS looks even prettier on rebloom than it did the first time around. I really love that ruffly red.

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Nice grouping Kay. Handwriting On The Wall is so pretty as a trio. Arctic Lace is a pretty, ruffly white.
    All nice pics. I know what you mean about the weeds. So much rain here this year I feel like I'm never going to get caught up.

Julia

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

You always have such pretty daylilies to show us! My favorite is actually Lily Dache because of all those blooms! Anything that blooms well and reliably is a star in my eyes. Based on looks alone, I like Red Slippers and Forsyth's Peekaboo.

Celeste

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

I like your Red Slippers. Songwriter is a beautiful color. I always like Arctic Lace. Marg

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks all for looking. Red Slippers, Songwriter and several others look much better on re-bloom, Debra. In fact, most of them do. I'm not totally sure why,but blame it on the insect life.
    Julia, I cannot believe how tall th weeds got so quickly.
    Thanks, Celeste, between Lily Dache and All American Windmill, I see to have a lot of yellows unusual form/spiders blooming most of the season.
    Red slippers has turned out to be an excellent plant Marric.
    kay

• deangreen
    10 years ago

Island time so subtle and lovely! great pics.

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Wow. Kay you sure had a lot of energy and did so much work in the garden plus all that exercise. Red Slippers and Songwriter tie for my favorite today.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Wow you sure worked and worked out a lot! I only did an hour of weeding yesterday and felt exhausted for the rest of the day :)
    Very pretty FFO on Delayed Arrival, I love those colors. My favorites are Arctic Lace, Songwriter and Wild Child, but the rest are all very pretty too.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Delayed Arrival is a very pretty one. I love its colors. and I love Red Slippers , that's a beauty. love them reds. snd
    Songwriter is beautiful, too, but ARTIC LACE is my favorite one. I love it.

jean

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!