Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

I've fallen behind but here's a bunch

celeste/NH
10 years ago

It is easy to get behind when it's 90+ degrees everyday and the daylilies are popping out all over the yard, as are weeds and bugs. I suddenly realize that I have too many daylilies now to photograph them all. I take photos of the best ones every day but am just now getting some of them uploaded and these are from nearly a week ago. I am trying to catch up so I will do a post tonight and try to get another one done tomorrow. I am enjoying all your posts when I have my morning coffee but am too busy to always respond.

Celeste

First, I must show off my latest acquisitions.....newly planted out in late May.....my first 2 Westbournes!

WESTBOURNE CHIP OFF THE OL BLOCK

WESTBOURNE GOOD OLD DAYS

ORANGUTAN

SILOAM SUGARPLUM

LIVING IN AMSTERDAM

SMUGGLER'S FIRE

I LOVE it when you all post photos of your garden helpers. I miss my Lily out in the garden....she's been gone now 2 weeks and it still hurts.

ZEUS was out on his daily walk and looked so handsome I had to take 2 pictures....

COLOR FUSION

ANNABELLE'S BLUSH

SHELBY'S SONG

WINGED MIGRATION

GENTLE ROSE

WIREGRASS GREENSTAR

VOLCANIC EXPLOSION

Comments (14)

• shive
    10 years ago

Zeus is looking very handsome on his walk. The daylilies are looking great despite the heat and bugs. My favorites are W. Chip Off the Ol Block and Shelby's Song.

Debra

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Celeste, glad you are back. What a great bunch of daylilies. Know you are loving going out every day to see them . WB Chip Off The Old Block is really as pretty as I thought it would be from Mary Jane's photo, and know you are going to love WB Good Old Days. I also like Orangutan, believe that is the first registered DL for Margo Reed. Love the purple of Shelby's Song, and the pink of Gentle Rose. Winged Migration and Volcanic Explosion are both very eye-catching..Zeus is the best of all, he is such a handsome and elegant fellow. Yes, know you are missing Lily, it's hard to get over losing a beloved pet. Avedon

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Zeus is a very good looking cat. Does he take to the leash enough that you can walk the streets with him? ...Your daylilies are really lovely. The color and form on Smuggler's Fire is my favorite tonight, but the others aren't far behind.......Maryl

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    10 years ago

All the flowers all lovely and Zeus is gorgeous. My two favorite daylilies are Shelby's Song and WB Chip Off the Ol Block.

• jkayd_il5
    10 years ago

I like W Chip Off the Ol Block, not sure if I had ever seen it before. S Sugerplum is my second favorite but they are all nice.

• mnclerk
    10 years ago

I like Chip of the Old Block too, but my favorite is Winged Migration. Zeus looks very dignified.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Your photos are always worth the wait,as usual you sure have a group of stunning daylilies. Zeus really steals the show though he looks so regal and he knows it.
    Linda

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    10 years ago

THANK YOU for commenting!
    Zeus is my first indoor-only kitty. He is much too precious to me to take the chance to lose him to the coyotes in our woods. I feel bad for him when he sits in the window and stares out at Nemo enjoying the outdoors so I trained him to use a leash. Dogs, cars, lawnmowers, falling leaves, etc. freak him out so our walks are limited to just the yard. He is as regal as he looks, but when it comes to me, he is a snugglebunny. I'm 'his pet' and he is with me constantly, even sleeping wrapped around my head at night. It sure hurt losing Lily but nothng will hurt like losing Zeus one day. I will need to be hospitalized or committed. LOL

Celeste

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Two pictures of Zeus! I'd like twenty!! He so reminds me of my Sylvester, that I love seeing his pictures. That's a beautiful cat you have my dear. I know you have to miss Pretty Lily. It is hard to lose one of our furry babies.

Oh yeah, the daylilies. I'm so glad you posted Chip Off The Old Block. I'm getting that one and Blueberry Popcicle this fall. I like Orangutan and Smuggler's Fire. Also, Gentle Rose is a beauty.

A very nice group.
    kay

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

WOW!!!! you got some beauties anyway, even if you ARE running behind.I would be a lot farther behind with all you have to do. I love WESTBOURNE GOOD OLD DAYS that is a real beauty, and SILOAM SUGARPLUM is too....
    SHELBY'S SONG is my favorite bloom, That is a real beauty, but, zeus is the best of all. e is so pretty.I know you must miss LILY a lot,my Ms Blackie been gone a year and I still miss her terribly. She was just one in a million. She walked every step that I did in the yard.if I stopped walking and stop to look at some thing, she did, too,and had to look at whatever I was looking at.

jean

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I understand about the safety issue with Zeus. They get used to the house and don't know what they are missing....My sister who lives in a very developed area of Dallas sent me pictures of a momma bobcat and her 3 kittens in her back yard drinking out of her in ground swimming pool. Suburbia isn't even safe from critters with this drought making them desparate for water.....Maryl

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

What is your experience with Winged Migration? Is it a vigorous grower there and well budded? Shelby's Song looks great, as does Annabelle's Blush. Living in Amsterdam--what a name.

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    10 years ago

THANK YOU Kay for appreciating the pics of Zeus. You could say I'm a proud mama.....I think he's special....but it's nice to know that someone else thinks he's special too!
    Jean, I felt so bad when Ms. Blackie passed last year. I loved seeing her in your photos and I could tell you & her shared a special bond.
    I know you must be so lonely for her. It's a pain that never really goes away and I understand. I still mourn for a cat I lost 5 years ago. He dropped dead in my arms without warning. He was a young cat and it was totally unexpected.
    Maryl, Yes....we have wild critters in the woods all around us (live on a mountain). There are woods in back and across the street and we hear coyotes running in packs at night....sounding very close. I always have Nemo come in at night but like you said, animals are getting more bold and being spotted in people's yards.
    Mantis, I have only had Winged Migration for 2 years so I don't have too much to report. It doesn't appear to be especially vigorous since it's only increased by 1 fan....bud count isn't great just yet. Shelby's Song, on the other hand, is already a huge clump and well-budded.....only in my garden 3 years.

Celeste

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

ZEUS looks very regal.

You have lots and lots of bloom and they are all so pretty. I think I will choose WESTBOURNE CHIP OFF THE OL BLOCK for my favorite.

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz