Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weekend Best

Posted by maximus7116 MI (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 22:53

I've been slowing down the last week because of back issues, but managed to snap a few photos from the last couple days:

FFO on BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. Subsequent flowers have shown more curling:

photo DSCN6339_zps7c43f24d.jpg

RAMBUNCTIOUS ROSIE FFO:

rambunctious photo DSCN6367_zps7996da55.jpg

CATASTROPHE WAITRESS starting to show its stuff:

catastrophe photo DSCN6352_zpsddf5e538.jpg

FFO from CUPID'S COWBOY. I'm not sure this one's special enough to stick around. It's been here three years and these are the first blooms. Debra, don't you grow this one?

cupidscowboy photo DSCN6383_zps706d66a3.jpg

SELF DETERMINATION has smaller flowers but tons of them:

selfdetermination photo DSCN6371_zps716452a8.jpg

CLOWN'S CABARET is always a pretty flower but blooms way too short here:

clowns cabaret photo DSCN6374_zps8fe4487a.jpg

JOSETTE LISE

josette lise photo DSCN6392_zpsb575464d.jpg

UNCERTAINTY PRINCIPLE. The dark blob in the center of the flower is another tree frog buddy.

Uncertaintyprinciple photo DSCN6389_zpscfb19cad.jpg

Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weekend Best

Josette Lise is very attractive, but haven't you said that it is not a stellar performer? I like the colors on Self-Determination and Uncertainty Principle.

o

Hope you feel better!
Really nice looking flowers, and my favorites today are Self Determination and Uncertainty Principle.
Hehe my dls usually have earwigs in the throats ;) Or sometimes pieces of walnuts squirrels drop down.

o

Self Det. and Beyond Res. Doubt are my favorites here. Although, the tiny frog is winning me over!

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 1:30

Nice clump shot of Catastrophe Waitress. Like the colors on Rambunctious Rosie too...........Maryl

o

Rambunctious Rosie is my favorite of this group. I like them loud, and that one sure does get your attention.

Linda

o

Chris - I was not that impressed with Cupid's Cowboy. Mine looked about like yours. It died over the winter in a pot. My favorites are Rambunctious Rosie and Self Determination.

Debra

o

They all look wonderful! My faves are 3 Hansons - Catastrophe Waitress, Self Determination and Uncertainty Principle. I saw my first froggie in a daylily of the season over the weekend, love that.

o

Thanks, everyone.

Mantis, Josette Lise is an adequate performer here, maybe 12 buds per scape.

Thanks, Nat -- I usually have earwigs in the photos, too. And it's hard to get them out of the daylilies to photograph them!

Debra, I don't think CC has earned its spot in the garden.

Twix, more frogs on the way!

o

How do you get so many frogs to sit in daylilies? I know there are some tree frogs around here because I hear them in the trees. Mine seem afraid of daylilies.

Debra

o

Debra, the frogs are in the daylilies first thing in the morning, before the daylily has fully opened. They just camp out all day and are still there in the evening. Maybe they're waiting for whatever bugs will come along to munch the pollen. We have tons of them on the screens of our house, too.

o

You have a lot of pretty blooms, but Catastrophe Waitress is so gorgeous it outshines everything. Cupids Cowboy is a pretty bloom, and Josette Lise is lovely.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here