Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mantis__oh

More Rain-spotted flowers

mantis__oh
10 years ago

Here's a roundup from the last few days. Wasn't too hot today. Hope we don't get what the East Coast has.

SNOW ON THE CHERRY Another Boatwright. Looks great in the morning.

JUNGLE JACK JOINER

PARIS SILK

SWEDISH GIRLS look great under overcast skies

FOREVER IN TIME Don't know where this was for the past few years, but made an appearance this year.

TRIPLE CHERRIES with, I think, Bold Encounter

BLACK FALCON RITUAL darker after first flower

RED SUSPENDERS

LIGHT OF THE WORLD

PEARL HARBOR I don't know how many garden visitors have pulled up their nose at this one.

TEMPLE GODDESS Love the color of this old Munson. Great garden plant

Hospital garden. The central daylily is a seedling out of Sir Modred (looks a lot like Sir Modred)

PEWTER LAKE I like the color of this old Moldovan.

MORNING MOOD is throwing some large blooms:

JAVIER was slated for elimination after splotchiness last year:

THE GOLDILOCKS EFFECT has great iridescence

WISPY RAYS Big and intense on a rainy morning

SILOAM RALPH HENRY looking good this year

Roundup is not complete. I hear thunder.

Comments (10)

• maximus7116
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wow, mantis, what a great show. All your Munsons look beautiful. Paris Silk was always a great performer here. Morning Mood and The Goldilocks Effect are especially eye-catching, and I like Pearl Harbor. By "pulling up their noses," do you mean people don't like it?

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Wispy Rays is bright, beautiful with perfect blooms! What a beautiful bloom Javier is today! That happens to me too. I will be ready to get rid of an under-performer, and suddenly it reverts to being a stellar bloomer. Frustrating! I like Temple Goddess, and Morning Mood. Your hospital garden is so beautiful. I really like it.
    kay

• shive
    10 years ago

That does look like Bold Encounter in your photo with Triple Cherries. I think your Black Falcon Ritual is looking dark and dashing. My favorite flower is Morning Mood. The flowers do look very large!

Debra

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Morning Mood is usually not that large, but with morning and evening rains, things get pumped up. Yes, people seem unimpressed with Pearl Harbor. Same thing with Sherry Lane Carr. Probably not colorful enough to suit them.

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Well I like Pearl Harbor the BEST of these! (AND, I like Sherry Lane Carr as well, btw). Very lovely.

Celeste

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

PEARL HARBOR is one of my favorites here. Always a good performer and yours looks very good too. MORNING MOOD is a beautiful color combination.BLACK FALCON RITUAL looks good.

Julia

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Occasionally, Pearl Harbor doesn't open well, but I too think it is a wonderful cultivar.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

well of course I have to give my vote to S. Ralph Henry. he was a great man! ran his father's hardware store many many years in Siloam Springs and when he thought he was retired it was really all about working with daylilies after that for Mrs. Henry. ha! He'd have such stories about when the railroad came through town and how they had stockyards right downtown, and how there was a cave underneath the town.... every day he'd be out in the yard in his old coveralls with Henry Hardware on the pocket.
    otherwise I like the Swedish girls photo too. :)

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Love all the blooms especially as they are mostly multiples. That hospital garden look wonderful. My favorite goes to TEMPLE GODDESS.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Great picks! I love so many of them. Snow on the Cherry is a pretty color and love the combination with the throat color. Also love Swedish Girl and Paris Silk. Wispy Rays is pretty and so bright. I have and love Light of the World. Who wouldn't like such a pretty clump of Pearl Harbor :) I like Goldilocks Effect and Sherry Lane Carr too btw. Morning Mood has an interesting look. S.Ralph Henry is so cute. And lovely color on Javier, funny how some of them improve once threatened ;)

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz