Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

1 seedling photo!

mizellie
11 years ago

I have another getting ready to bloom soon. This one is 3 years old and I am considering it to register. 6" bloom, 28" tall. mid season and it reblooms. I really like this one and it keeps getting better. Ellie

{{gwi:908652}}

Comments (13)

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

Well, I for one thinks it's very lovely! 99% of the time I don't buy a daylily if it's not a rebloomer, however I don't abide by that with Iris. (A double standard perhaps?!) lol
    And since yours is a rebloomer I would buy it! So would lots of others, it's pretty.

Rena'

• timhensley
    11 years ago

I'm with Rena on this. I now only buy daylilies that rebloom and that is a very pretty flower!

Tim

• timhensley
    11 years ago

I'm with Rena on this. I now only buy daylilies that rebloom and that is a very pretty flower!

Tim

• shive
    11 years ago

It's a pretty one Ellie! It has nice clear lavender color and a good round shape. I really like the edge and noticed it has some little teeth. Rebloom is always a plus with buyers. However as a buyer, I'm not a rebloom snob. Some of my best daylilies are by northern hybridizers and do not rebloom. The majority of my "rebloomers" do NOT rebloom anyway. And since most of what I buy now are late bloomers, the rebloom issue is moot. None of my late bloomers rebloom unless it is instant rebloom. (Maybe I'm just defending non-rebloomers because I'm in the process of registering one that doesn't rebloom for me.)

Debra

• mizellie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

gardenofeden, thank you for the kind words. This is her rebloom and it looks as good as the first. I buy Irises the same way but unless the daylily is really special, I won't buy it unless it reblooms. However, this wasn't always true, so I have some that don't rebloom...LOL!!

Thank you so much Tim..

Debra, the very small teeth make it look ragged, I think. As for rebloomers, The one I registered last year ( Sweet Liddy Kate) does not rebloom but I like it anyway!! Don't defend because, it's to each his own and what I like or don't like is my choice. The same goes for you. If you like it, it's all that matters...Ellie

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

It is quite pretty.

Good grief, I would never turn down a pretty face just because it didn't rebloom. I wouldn't have Marietta Marketplace, Clown Parade, Ace of Hearts...lots of my favorites, and I had so many re-blooms this year. It is a nice feature, mind you,m but certainly not a deal breaker...and some of them rebloom one year and not the next, no guarantee.

That is a very pretty seedling, Ellie.
    kay

• shive
    11 years ago

Ellie, I didn't realize you had already registered a seedling. I looked up Sweet Liddy Kate on the AHS Database. It's gorgeous! Congratulations! You know I love teeth, and that one has plenty of them. I did a search here on the Daylily Forum too. Somehow I missed those photos you posted of it back in May. The Photobucket pics on that post don't show up.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Very nice!

• mizellie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Kay. As I said before, I like the re bloomers and would buy one that wasn't a re if it was special to me. I saw Clown Parade on the LA and was tempted to bid on it because, I just love that one. Woe is me, I missed it...

Debra, A lttle while back, about two or three weeks ago, all my folders of the registered daylilies disappeared. I down loaded them again to Photobucket but the damage was done. All my posted pics also went away. Anyway, Sweet Liddy Kate ( my mother) is not a large flower and does not re bloom but it has so much going for it that I couldn't resist. The teeth on her are nice but she also has teeth on the sepals and has from the very first time she bloomed. That's why I watched her so closely...LOL!!

Thanks Rita. Thank you all for commenting!! Ellie

• shive
    11 years ago

Now I remember you having problems losing your photos. How nice that you named your registration for your mother! Do you have enough of it to start selling?

• mizellie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Not quite yet Debra. I have 5 sisters and I have shared with 3 of them and one of my children. I think I have 5 fans left...LOL!!! She is a shortie but she was taller this year by 2" than her registeration. Also, the bloom was a bit bigger. Sometimes she is more yellow and sometimes she shows more flesh pink. But her form is perfect and the teeth on the sepals make her special to me. My dad's family called my mom, Kate. My Mom's famiily called her Liddy for Lydia so that's were the name came from...I don't have much in the way of imagination!!!!!Ellie

• shive
    11 years ago

If you have enough to sell me a piece of it in the spring, let me know. The fact it has teeth on petals and sepals is a plus, and I love the name! I could use the genetics in it for hybridizing.

Debra

• mizellie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'll see what I have come spring! I may use her next year myself. I have taken her up and potted her because I took so much from her and this way I can keep her close for watering etc. Ellie

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals