Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
waitforspring2

More flowers and the wall

Waitforspring
11 years ago

It's been so long since I've posted that I can't remember what I've posted. Please forgive me if you've seen these before.

Val

{{gwi:908686}}

{{gwi:908693}}

{{gwi:908694}}

And the wall... Trying to keep the new grass around it alive in this drought has been a challenge and practically a full time job. I keep expecting to have a watering ban, but we actually got a little rain today.

Comments (13)

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

Big Hearted Lady and No Blue Oxfords are my favorites. And I love your wall you made, it is beautiful! I hope that you can keep your grass alive. Your garden is gorgeous!

Rena'

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Great daylilies and I love them but what I really enjoyed seeing is the newly redone garden area with the new rock wall. WOW, that looks fabulous!!!!!

• nat4b
    11 years ago

You have very pretty daylilies, especially love Lime Peel and Gypsy Rose. Are they all blooming now or these are catching up photos?
    New wall looks great, very nice.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I kept scrolling up and down to view each one over and over again. Beautiful, clear pictures. Love your stone wall. Did you do this yourself?

Julia

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

I can't decide between Gypsy Rose and No Blue Oxfords! Marg

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Beautiful group of daylilies I can't pick a favorite. I love the wall it's gorgeous.
    Linda

• Waitforspring
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rena, Big Hearted Lady is a BIG flower. It got off to a bit of a slow start for me, but this year it has been fabulous in spite of the drought.

No Blue Oxfords was new last year, but performed like a trooper.

Gypsy Rose was another one that didn't skip a beat.

Lime Peel is a tall one that really grabs your attention. It's another new one and didn't have a lot of flowers this year, but those that it did have were stunners.

Nat, these are catch up photos. These were blooming 2 weeks ago. I do still have some blooms that I hope to photo before they're gone.

Thanks everyone for the comments on the wall. I do love it. No, we didn't do it ourselves. We would have saved a lot, but might not have been here to enjoy it. Those rocks weigh hundreds of pounds. We were having a drainage problem--before it stopped raining! Had to get the whole back regraded.
    Val

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Daylilies are all so pretty, LOve GILDED ROSE. and I really love your stone wall, its really pretty.and your garden there, too

jean

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Hi Val, sorry you have been affected by the drought, but your flowers look great. I'm going with Lime Peel and Emma's Heartstopper. How do you keep those hydrangeas going in a drought, they usually need tons of water to look good. Your stone wall certainly shows off your plants. Avedon

• shive
    11 years ago

The stone wall is my favorite! And the daylilies are all pretty nice too!

Debra

• JJOF
    11 years ago

Your blooms are beautiful and your new wall looks AMAZING!
    Jason

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Now I love that wall! Just beautiful and wait until next year. I'm sure it will be a nice feature in some pics. You have a lot of beautiful daylilies and some very lovely pictures of them as well.

Gypsy rose and Footloose Fancy are my favorites.

kay

• polymerous
    11 years ago

Beautiful rock wall! (We have several, and appreciate good stonework.)

Beautiful daylilies, too.

Best of luck on your lawn.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm