Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
All my FFOs

Posted by mnclerk none (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 14, 13 at 23:05

So I've posted on the forums a few times that I'm just getting started with my daylilies. I bought several double or triple fans and mostly separated them out before planting the, which in retrospect was not the brightest thing to do. But in any case, some of the single fans sent up scapes anyway, and here are the pictures to prove it!

Heavenly Dragon Fire looks duller in the picture than it is in real life:
Heavenly Dragon Fire photo IMG_0023.jpg

Here's a closeup of one bloom of Aztec Firebird:

Aztec Firebird photo IMG_0030.jpg

And one droopy other scape of the same:

Aztec Firebird photo IMG_0029-1.jpg

A duo of Eye on a String:
Eye On A String Clump photo IMG_0028.jpg

And a photo of its FFO:
Eye on A String photo IMG_0022.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: All my FFOs

Your plants will take off quicker if you don't separate the fans. You have some nice unusual forms! I grow Eye On A String and it's a good performer once it settles in. Heavenly Dragon Fire and Aztec Firebird should really brighten up your garden when they clump up.

Debra

o

You have some nice ones, I really like spiders. Love Eye on a String, one I intend to add to my garden one of these days.

o

Eye on A String is my favorite out of this group it should be a stunner once it clumps up.
Linda

o

The more I look at daylilies, the more I find I really love UFs and spiders. Considering how I treated them, I'm really surprised that these sent up any scapes at all - I consider it a testament to the quality of the fans I was sent.

Surprisingly enough, the one fan I didn't touch in any way (Tuxedo Junction) did absolutely nothing this summer.

o

Some plants take longer to settle in. I have had several plants that did not bloom until the third year, but really took off them and have been super bloomers.

My favorite is Heavenly Dragon fire.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here