Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daylilybedmaker

First Posting of The Year pt 2: The bagels

daylilybedmaker
10 years ago

Here is part 2:

PURE AND SIMPLE (I love this daylily. It was one of the first ones I purchased from a daylily grower when I lived in Maryland)

THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS

SILOAM MELVIN'S YELLOW

MONTERREY JACK

Dracula (taken at 5:30 this evening)

TUTANKHAMUN

thanks for looking.

David

Comments (13)

• flora2b
    10 years ago

Congratulations on your first blooms. My fav is tutankhamun .....just love those bicolors.
    flora

• shive
    10 years ago

You have some very nice ones! Pure and Simple stands the test of time. It never goes out of style.The eye pattern on Through the Looking Glass is so interesting! But I think Monterrey Jack is my favorite one. I like the color combo on it, and the eye blazes.

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I really like the bagels. I would think you have to have a fairly large flower to begin with or the rolled back petals would make the flower appear too small. Maybe that's why I don't see as many as I would like. I was once thinking of starting a thread on them. Your Pure and Simple is anything but Simple. I will be looking that one up...... Another thing I like is the corduroy effect on petals so that includes another 2 (the yellow and purple bicolor). Then there's just the pretty ones. Heck they are all winners. Thanks for posting them. I want more bagels!....Maryl

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

TUTANKHAMUN is a nice bicolor and I can see why you like PURE AND SIMPLE.

Julia

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Hurrah on the start of your blooms and you sure have some lovely ones. I agree with Julia on Tutankhamun it's my favorite to.
    Linda

• deangreen
    10 years ago

I like Siloam Melvin's Yellow with the ruffles and very round petals. really nice

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

Monterrey Jack is my favorite but I also love the color and form of Siloam Melvin's Yellow. Marg

• Nancy
    10 years ago

TUTANKHAMUN is probably my favorite here, love the bicolor & mid ribs, very striking. Something about Siloam Melvin's Yellow that I am really liking too, the ruffling & color just look delicate & pretty. Through the Looking Glass is nice too. I'll stop before I pick every one as a favorite :)

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Great pictures! My favorite here is Monterrey Jack with Siloam Melvin's Yellow a close second.
    Val

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

I like yellow selfs, so S. Melvin's Yellow is my first choice, and then the bitone Tutankhamun, very interesting look to the flower. Avedon

• User
    10 years ago

Very nice! I love Monterrey Jack - nice raspberry halo and the rib running through it is very interesting.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

What can I say, I also like Monterrey Jack, but I like Dracula too.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

No wonder you love PURE AND SIMPLE. It is gorgeous and my favorite.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths