Comments (11)

• jean_ar
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

oH MY GOODNESSjean

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

What is the yellowish Shasta in the first pic? Banana Cream Sundae? Nice to see daylilies in a mixed garden setting. I especially like the Raven Woodsong. Is Terry Lyninger a good grower for you?

This post was edited by mantis__oh on Wed, Jul 30, 14 at 16:24

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    9 years ago

THANK YOU Jean and Mantis for looking and commenting....it's always appreciated. Jean I just love how you are always so enthusiastic and sweet, so I will continue to keep posting pictures so long as I can find the time. Mantis, yes the yellow Shasta daisy is Banana Cream. It has been blooming now since early June and I just love the color. It really stands out.

Celeste

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Your gardens are awesome! Love the all the daylilies shot too, #5. Daylilies are all so nice and look great. My favorites today are Malaysian Marketplace and Sp. Blastoff!

• shive
    9 years ago

Goergeous garden scenes. I really like Forsyth Catawba and Petticoat Frills. The clumps of Raven Windsong and Broadway Valentine are spectacular! I hope to see more of your photos. I'm just about bloomed out here.

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

A gardeners delight. So many colors to catch ones eye. SP Blastoff next to a vivid pink Cleome? Doesn't sound like it would work, but in your picture, surrounded with other colors it does. Zada Mae takes the temperature down and then Broadway Valentine warms it back up with it's cheery red face. Very nice. Must be a sight every day going out in the garden.............Maryl

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful gardens. SPACECOAST BLASTOFF is my favorite daylily of the group.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

The garden is gorgeous as always, Celeste. I especially like Spacecoast Blastoff and Inwood today. I would love to walk through your garden.
    kay

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all so much! Comments are most welcome and appreciated since posting takes up so much time and one does wonder if anyone is enjoying them, you know?
    So THANKS!
    Mantis, I forgot to answer your other question.....No, Terry Lyninger is not a vigorous grower here and I suspect it would prefer someplace warmer. Blooms are sparse and the plant has no increase in the 4 years I've had it, just barely coming up each spring and then putting up a couple scapes. I'm on the fence about this one but it's still here because it is one of my earliest to bloom and it's unique-looking.....but it is in limbo.

Celeste

• Brad KY 6b
    9 years ago

Celeste,
    They are all so nice. My favorite is Raven Windsong.
    Brad

• Nancy
    9 years ago

So many nice ones, I always love malaysian MarketplaceI've often wondered about Terry Lyninger, the pattern is so unique. I've come THIS close to buying it several times, but I have gathered it is just not very vigorous. I can handle little increase, actually it might be a virtue in time. I'm getting enough daylilies, I can see it might be a chore at some point in keeping them divided :) But I like lots of blooms. I have a few plants here like Terry, but I keep because I really like them & I have the space. One of these days though, they will be leaving.
    I have Inwood also, I rarely ever see anyone here mention it, but it does well here & the blooms are always nice. Yours looks really happy. Spacecoast Blastoff looks fantastic. The Spacecoast series seems like all are suppose to get great bud counts. I only have a couple of them, & fairly new, so far not impressive, but this would have been their 2nd full year & they had a hard winter. Your garden shots are stunning, I really MUST move some daisies among the daylilies. I really like the white contrast.