Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More catching up to do

Posted by waitforspring z6MA (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 5, 12 at 23:16

Here are a few more things that are blooming here this week.
Val

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More catching up to do

Catch up blooms all looking favulous. Bill Norris always looks great, does that one ever look bad lol? It is a beauty. Also really liking Pure And Simple and Pocket Change.

o

Tar and Feather always provides a nice early spot of color here, and sometimes it reblooms. It is Finished looks like a bright one too.

o

I like all of these. Too tough to choose a favorite:) I also noticed how green and healthy the foliage looks. I'm afraid the hot, dry weather has brown most of mine out so good pictures have been scarce for me this year.

Vickie

o

I really like the strong contrast of the dark puple and chartruece throat on Bold Vision.

o

I've put BILL NORRIS on my wish list. Seems from all the pics I've seen it is a winner in the garden.

All lovely photos.

Julia

o

Great group of daylilies, but my favorites are It Is Finished and Bill Norris. For some reason, yellows seem to get overlooked when people name their favorites, and Bill Norris is such a great plant it deserves some praise.

o

What a nice group of plants! Don Diego and Bill Norris are my favorites, but there are so many pretty group[s here, Val. You garden must be lovely.
kay

o

All lovely and I especially like Bold Vision and It is Finished today, and oh yes, green foliage!

o

Great photos! Bill Norris and It Is Finished are my favorites. I just got It Is Finished in May. It looks like it's going to be a very pretty red.

Debra

o

Pure and Simple is my favorite because it always looks great. (I agree with the 'pure' but not the 'simple'....it's way too pretty to have a name like that!) Bill Norris continues to be popular here on the forum because it just never has a 'bad hair day'...LOL.

Celeste

o

I agree with all of you about BILL NORRIS. Does seem like yellow doesn't get much respect, but it's one of my favorite daylily colors.

Debra, I think you'll really like IT IS FINISHED. It's a big, beautiful red.

Celeste, you're right PURE AND SIMPLE does aways look perfect. I do wish it had more flowers per scape.

Rita, POCKET CHANGE is one of my old favorites. It's a red that never looks splotchy and always looks good.

Vickie, I could show you lots of brown foliage. It's been very dry here. I've also had lots of buds drop.

Mantis, I've never had TAR AND FEATHER rebloom for me, but this may be the year.
Val

o

Like them all, I have Gillian, and that is a favorite here. Tar and Feather has been on that long list of mine!
cindy

o

Love them all, but Bold Vision really stands out for me. Avedon

o

Cindy, I love GILLIAN and it was one of the most admired daylilies in my garden last year.

Avedon, BOLD VISION is having a great year. For some reason the color is more saturated. It increases well and always opens well, but it could have a higher bud count.
Val

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here