Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Thursday Evening Blooms

shive
10 years ago

LINDA BECK is doing better on rebloom that it was on the first round of flowers.

ACQUIRE THE FIRE - last blooms

WILLIE LYLES - late bloomer

GLITTER GAL, another late

BEWITCHING EYES

SLIPPED MY DISCO

STRANGE BREW and NICK OF TIME

A LITTLE FIRE, SCARECROW

CHARLIE

Debra

Comments (10)

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Linda Beck is gorgeous. I can't imagine having that many blooms, with an elaborate edge like that, with every bloom being perfect. I didn't realize how similar the coloring was on Nick of Time and Strange Brew. I think I prefer the form of Strange Brew. Charlie looks like a great near-white.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Linda Beck is beautiful, what was wrong with the flowers on original scapes? Oh, Glitter Gal pic! I remember her from last year, very pretty. And my third favorite is Charlie, very pretty and I like the edges.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Linda Beck is still blooming here, but there won't be rebloom. It certainly is a great daylily. A glowing pic of Charlie, though I wonder what it looks like under different lighting. You certainly can see all the little teeth. It must have been a mild day to have such substance in the evening.

This post was edited by mantis__oh on Fri, Jul 26, 13 at 16:15

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

WOW!! LINDA BECK is gorgeous.Its really outdoing its self o the rebloom.love the edge on it AND the color.ACQUIRE THE FIRE is a beauty, too. love that fine white edge on it and such a beautiful red..GLITTER GAL is very pretty, too. love that color..Tat photo of STRANGE BREW and NICK OF TIME s so pretty. both blooms are gorgeous.and that near white CHARLIE is another gorgeous bloom. lOve that one too.so crisp and cool looking.

jean

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Chris, Jean and Mantis - Charlie is not really near white. It's cream peach with pink highlights. Not much of the peach and pink showed up in the photograph. Sometimes the evening photos look washed out. The toothy edges showed up very well, and I rarely have that many blooms at one time on Charlie. It was a mild day yesterday with a high of only 84. Charlie does have good substance and usually still looks good on a 100 degree evening.

Nat - Nothing was wrong with the first blooms on Linda Beck. I just never had that many flowers on one day the first time around. Three was the norm on the initial scapes.

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

LINDA BECK looks wonderful in the clump shot. All are nice but that one really is perfect.

Julia

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Beautiful clump of Linda Beck, sizzling red on Acquire the Fire, and another fine clump of Charlie. Wonderful group of daylilies, all of them. Avedon

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Even though they are all nice the clump,shots of Linda Beck and Charlie steal the show. I have Acquire the Fire and it blooms really well, but I've never seen a white edge on mine.
    Val

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Linda Beck is one of my least favorite daylily colors. Nothing wrong with her, just my taste. However, that being said, I love your shot of her, and she is performing amazingly for you. She does well for me too, except for the first blooms which aren't as nice as her later ones. Still I'll not be getting rid of her anytime soon....Willie Lyles is my favorite of the group. I almost always like that white star effect down the midribs. Nice one......Maryl

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Val - I've never seen a white edge of Acquire the Fire either. But it isn't usually this cool when it blooms.

Maryl - Willie Lyles is an oldie that kind of reminds me of candy cane. I'd really like to see those colors on an unusual form. I cross it with a couple of Margo Reed's, but I don't know if the pods will make it to maturity when we get back to normal August weather.

Debra