Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm way behind but happy to be back

Posted by celestialrose zone 4/5 NH (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 23, 14 at 23:28

So much has been happening in my life that I've not had the time to post here in a very long time and I MISS this place and all of you. I do try to catch up late at night in reading and enjoying all your posts....but there's nothing like sharing. My gardens are bursting with color and beauty and I go out and snap pictures when Mom and the grandbabies are napping. Then very late at night when once again everyone is sleeping I upload them in hopes that once in awhile I can sneak on here and share them....lol. I have so many people relying on me to care for them but I always make time for gardening. Here is the first installment of pictures and I hope to post more as time permits.

Celeste

First, my season began in mid-June with the foxgloves and some roses......

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm way behind but happy to be back

Then the roses and daylilies started up, along with the asiatics. Everything was late this year due to the winter that held on.

o

We may have a really short growing season here but once things get going, they really get going!

o

I have the added burden of a computer loaded with viruses...lol. It takes forever to perform tasks on here so please bear with me. I took hundreds of photos but am having a heck of a time getting them on here.

o

Lots of blooming going on!

o

I have a lousy camera so the photos don't quite live up to what I'm seeing. Wish you all could come visit me and tour my gardens!

o

I hope I can post individual shots of dayliles as time permits. I wish I had more time. I have hundreds!!!!

o

I take care of Mom who is bedridden and incontinent and 5 grandbabies.....all boys. Here is my newest love, born just a week ago and he and mom live here with me.

o

A couple more photos for the night.....

o

...and then I have to say goodnight because that glass of wine I drank to unwind has made it difficult to find files this late....haha.

o

Celeste - I was so happy to see your post! How fabulous your garden is! It looks like heaven on Earth to me. I'm amazed that you have it so well tended when you have so many other responsibilities. The new grandbaby is just a doll. I'm sure those grandchildren keep you plenty busy. Take care, and drop in when you can.

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 12:52

o

Suddenly, I have a very strong urge to grow roses! The pink one in the first picture - what is it? Also, do you grow them behind your daylilies and other perennials? Or are they mixed in?

o

So glad you found a minute to post! Gorgeous gardens. And your grandbaby is a cutie.
Wow with so many responsibilities and you still keep your gardens so beautiful! (*feels ashamed and thinks about weeding today*)
My favorite garden pics are the first one with the roses and #9 with all of those plants goin on. Just spectacular.

o

Wonderful pics, and thanks for the tour of your gardens. Your photo of the foxgloves is stunning. Do they reseed, or do you replant?

Also, can you identify the pink plant in photo #5 at the far right?

Chris

o

Lovely pics. I think Celeste is getting the daughters and grandkids in the garden with her to help keep it looking so good. Good to see you posting again.

Julia

o

For someone who has sooooo much on her plate, your garden beds look absolutely amazing. A little piece of heaven on earth, and how wonderful it must be to stroll around all that beauty. Your new grandson looks so sweet!

Linda

o

Thanks for sharing your lovely gardens, it is nice to see you posting again.

o

Well, You are missed. that shot of the foxgloves and roses is my kind of eye-candy. All of your photos are lovely as usual as is your beautiful garden. We do miss you on here, never doubt that.
kay

o

What is the pink rose in the first pic? Seems to have been a great year for roses and digitalis.

o

I knew it would be great to be back here....thank you so much for looking at my pictures and commenting! I enjoyed your comments. To answer your questions, the pink rose in the first photo with the foxgloves is the Canadian Explorer rose 'Frontenac'. It is completely hardy to the tips here in zone 4 and yes, it blooms like that every year, completely loaded with flowers. It is one of my most recommended roses for the north along with the Buck rose 'Quietness' and fellow Explorer rose 'Champlain'. Champlain is the red rose in photo #9 on the left. Yes, the foxgloves re-seed themselves every year. It all started a few years ago with ONE plant that my daughter gave me for Mother's Day. I end up having to dig lots of them up and give them away or plant in other spots. This year there were over 60 plants!
The pink plant in photo #5 is the rose 'Mozart'. It appears to be a plant not a rose because it had rained and it was weeping down into the lilies. It does have a cascading habit anyways. No, Julia, my daughters and son do NOT help me in the gardens or yard at all. I have to beg them just to go out and look around. Frustrating to me that none of them inherited my gardening gene! But I take the grandbabies out in the yard to look at the flowers all the time and hopefully out of the 5 boys one of them will be my garden buddy. And for the most part the roses are planted behind the lilies and perennials but I like the messy cottage garden look so I don't always follow that rule and some roses tend to fall over into the other plants.

Celeste

o

Celeste; Your garden photos are beautiful as always, but, even more beautiful this year,it seems.I have certainly injoyed looking at them.I use to grow a lot of roses like that too, but,I got older and very tired of fighting the deer daily just to see a bloom, so finally just gave them up and said they can have them.Mine was in raised beds, as this soil is no good for anything to grow.I am so glad you managed to get a little time for your self in your busy life.
Take care, now,and please try to check in with us from time to time (and of course, with more pictures) :)

jean

o

I'm a newbie here and so enamoured of your wonderful gardens....This is what I aspire to!

o

THANK YOU valal111 for your kind comment! And Jean too.....you all make it worthwhile to go through the extra effort to post photos. It is good for the soul to share our mutual love of these beautiful flowers we are so fond of.

Celeste

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here