Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mantis__oh

Peak Here

mantis__oh
10 years ago

Usually, we peak the week after the Fourth; and after a heavy rain yesterday, the garden was a sea of blooms. I declared "peak" as soon as I saw the garden this morning.

STRUTTERS' BALL

VICTORIAN LACE

JANE TRIMMER

SOMETHING SUPERB

BORDER LORD

INDIAN GIVER

HIGHLAND PINCHED FINGERS

ABSOLUTE TREASURE

SWALLOWTAIL KITE

Yesterday morning was so muggy, I thought, if ever there was a day for the FASHION POLICE, this is it.

INDY LONGLEGS (big this year)

BELA LUGOSI

Comments (11)

• shive
    10 years ago

I've so enjoyed viewing these fabulous clumps! My very favorite photo is of the Victorian Lace clump. I just love those big, fluffy, lacy blooms. My second favorite is the first Highland Pinched Fingers photo - not so much because I like HPF but because you can see so many other colors of daylilies in the background.

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 0:30

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Love your beautiful clumps! Strutter's Ball looks so good, mine is pathetic in comparison, but I had to divide it as it was turning into a monster. Victorian Lace is so pretty! Love the dark eyed clumps, bright orange Highland and Indian Giver too.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I always like to see clump shots. Bela Lugosi always looks so nice, Indian Giver has produced a nice cluster of blooms for you. It was one of my first daylilies and didn't do too well in the colorfast department in my area, but it sure looks good in your garden. I think I have to echo Debra on the best shot being the first Highland Pinched Fingers. Love the color of HPF, and all the background colors just add to the effect. I hadn't heard of Something Superb, but it looks like a nice pink to me...Nice group you have here......Maryl

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    10 years ago

Awesome! I especially like Strutter's Ball, Indian Giver and Highland Pinched Fingers.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Oh Boy what a gorgeous group of photos and daylilies no clear cut favorite for me.
    Linda

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

With that number of clumps you must be at peak. Something Superb looks like a beautiful pink, but the shot of Victorian Lace is my favorite.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Mantis, it seems appropriate that Something Superb is blooming so beautifully, for It sums up what I thought when I saw your pictures--truly something superb. Love everything, just can't pick favorites with this group, for they are all standouts. Avedon

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Well, how do you pick a favorite from these? you just cant do it. IMPOSSIBLE for me to choose one. They are all just so beautiful. I have scrolled up and down trying to choose my favorite of them, but, just cant do it.I love them all.just so beautiful, every one of them.Thanks for sharing them.

jean

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

So many beautiful clumps, Mantis. Bella Lugosi, Border Lord, Indian Giver, and Highland Pinched fingers are all beautiful, but so are your others. Peak is a special time.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Stunning, stunning. So many beautiful clumps. BORDER LORD is my favorite.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

All look terrific. Definitely at peak with all those blooms.

Julia