daylilybedmaker
10 years ago

Trying to catch up. Here are some of the diploids from the week:

FASHIONAIRE

Forsyth Flaming Snow

Forsyth Frostbound

Hush Little Baby

ONCE OVER LIGHTLY

SILOAM RALPH HENRY (One of my favorites)

TRUE PINK BEAUTY

KANSAS KITTEN

Thanks for looking.

David

Comments (8)

• deangreen
    10 years ago

Hush Little Baby is very rich! nice.... I'm glad to see a post with diploids! woo hoo!!!
    I also really like that Kansas Kitten, I think it was a winner last year for Region 11.
    of course my favorite here is the same as your, Siloam Ralph Henry. such a devoted hardworking man. I think of him and remember how in the morning he'd be outside in his Henry Hardware overalls working on some project Mrs. Henry had put him to. Good to see his name go on in such a great plant! :)

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Love both Kansas Kitten and Hush Little Baby. I sure wish they were not dormants or maybe it's a good thing they are my want list is to long now.
    Linda

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Do all of these grow well for you? I can remember years ago, I ordered True Pink Beauty from Marietta Gardens, and the fans were so small I sent them back; I thought, if it's not growing well in North Carolina, what will it do here?

• gonegardening
    10 years ago

Look at Fashionaire, a beautiful pink to start off with! I do love pinks! And a Bennett, look at that! I have four of Bud's plants (I think) and I suspect I will come to regret I don't have more. Like this one, haha.

How does Forsyth Frostbound grow for you? I keep it because I think it is so distinctive, but it is not a strong grower for me...at least where I have it. I would love to hear it's a superstar for you as that would encourage me to move it, lol.

Mantis, not that this applies to you in Ohio, but Blue Pink Beauty took years to settle in here (and that's with decent sized fans). However, the last two years, it has been a star. Amazing scapes and way taller than 28 inches (which makes me happy). It is a tet, though, I am starting to believe that some things just take a very...very...long time to like it here.

I must go look at your others! Enjoyed these.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Right off, I love Fashionaire. It is a beauty! Hush Little Baby is my second favorite. I like a lot of dips.]
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Nice grouping David. I see your daylilies aren't wilting from the heat.

Julia

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

very nice blooms and the last two are my favorites.

jean

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Blue Pink Beauty is a different cultivar from True Pink Beauty. Blue Pink Beauty grows very well here, and indeed it is taller than the registered height.