ABSOLUTE TREASURE

LINDA SIERRA

MAGIC AMETHYST

WREN'S SONG

RODELINDA

OUTRAGEOUS

PEPPERMINT PINWHEEL

RUFFLES STORM

INDY SHOCKER ( may be a dip, I just can't recall and I don't want to dig out my list0

That's all folks. Have a great day.

David

Comments (10)

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Lots of pretty ones whether they are dips or tets. Absolute Treasure is looking especially pretty.
    Linda

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

A very nice assortment. Does Rodelinda perform consistently for you (especially in opening)? Peppermint Pinwheel is just settling in here; I have my doubts about that one (short scapes).

• gonegardening
    10 years ago

What a nice picture of Absolute Treasure! Pink! Be still my heart!

And, Linda Sierra, what interesting color. I hear nice things about that one. Maybe I've only seen it one or twice in person. Do you hybridize with it?

Wren Song. Pretty good here. Nice picture. Pouting here this year from being moved.

Your Peppermint Pinwheel is so vivid! I love that one. It is short here, but I like it so much and it blooms and blooms. However, it did take a few years to settle in (a common theme...).

So fun to see all the pretty pictures!

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

That's a very nice group, David. Is Linda Sierra that purple? It's lovely. I really like ruffles Storm and Indy Shocker. Me and reds.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

RODELINDA would be my pick. Nice edging and color.

Julia

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

a realy nice bunch of blooms and my favorite is RUFFLES STORMlove them reds.

jean

• daylilybedmaker
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just getting around to reading some of the posts and I realized that I have a typo in one of the names. It is not Ruffles Storm, but Ruffled Storm by John Benz.

RODELINDA has been in the ground for about two years. It has no problem opening, but it is not its registered height yet. I think that once it gets settled (3 years in the ground) I will be able to better give a critique of it.

LINDA SIERRA is that color. I try and not post pictures that aren't accurate representations to my eye.

PEPPERMINT PINWHEEL has been in its current spot for three years and this is the first year that I have noticed it. It is at its registered height. When it first bloomed, I couldn't imagine what it was, because I have it sitting on the edge of an area of the garden where I put plants that are going to leave the garden. I think that if you give it time, it will perform well.

David

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Absolute Treasure is my favorite I like the fully open face with the wonderful blending of colors. Unfortunately it's on the list of rust susceptible daylilies. Not a worry for you of course, but I had rust for the first time last year, and never want it again...... My next favorite is Wren's Song. What a pretty pink in your picture. Then there's Indy Shocker. It's a bright cheery beauty for sure. A really nice group of daylilies you have here.....Maryl

• shive
    10 years ago

Linda Sierra and Rodelina are my favorites!

Debra

• gdjcb
    10 years ago

Rodelinda, and its not even close, of course I am an eye and edge guy. Thanks for the great pictures.
    Gale

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County