Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some photos from the past few weeks & Zeus

Posted by celestialrose zone 4/5 NH (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 0:16

So many photos to share, so little time. Here is but a sampling of what has been blooming this summer. Most are still going but starting to slow down and a few lates are starting up but I have a long way to catch up on photos.
They will be long bloomed out before I ever catch up!

Celeste

CAROLINA TWILIGHT
Carolina Twilight photo 161_zps247f40b9.jpg

WINNING NOTE
Winning Note photo 167_zpsc5d495b0.jpg

SILOAM GOLDEN GATE
Siloam Golden Gate photo 165_zps2a170fce.jpg

SILOAM BO PEEP WITH SILOAM GUMDROP
Siloam Bo Peep w/ Siloam Gumdrop photo 164_zps9f71696a.jpg

BAHAMA BUTTERSCOTCH
(thanks again Nancy!)
Bahama Butterscotch photo 162_zps3ea3a9a6.jpg

sea of daylilies
 photo 278_zps9ed68829.jpg
 photo 144_zpsc8add707.jpg

MOUSAKKA
Mousakka photo 185_zpse928b8b0.jpg

I love that this forum has so many animal lovers, so that we can share our furbabies along with our flowers. Many of you may recall I always posted pictures of my big boy Nemo, Zeus and Lily....well, Nemo & Lily passed on last summer and now I have only Zeus. Zeus is my 'everything'. I love him like I love my children and grandchildren so like a proud mama, I have to show him off...lol. Check out his double paws....

photo 25c08da5-f76f-4992-b97e-90fb20fcfa05_zps33c45c9a.jpg

HEAVENLY ORANGE BLAZE
Heavenly Orange Blaze photo 323_zps3b37c790.jpg

BRIDGETON ELEGANCE
Bridgeton Elegance photo 159_zps54730124.jpg

CELESTIAL BEAUTY
Celestial Beauty photo 149_zps255fd53b.jpg

HOLIDAY PARTY WITH LAVENDER HEARTTHROB
 photo 120_zpsa04c17dd.jpg
Holiday Party w/ Lavender Heartthrob photo 147_zpsf20bd4de.jpgLEONARD BERNSTEIN
Leonard Bernstein photo 141_zps5ab0b9c5.jpg

NAN REHNQUIST
Nan Rehnquist photo 370_zps4aef3928.jpg

SCARLET PANSY
Scarlet Pansy photo 029_zps6313a324.jpg

CREEPY CRAWLER
Creepy Crawler photo 192_zps194306f9.jpg

DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK
Drums Along the Mohawk photo 288_zpsd2d4fc6b.jpg

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES
Desperate Housewives photo 213_zpsafa73c29.jpg

PURE AND SIMPLE
Pure and Simple photo 284_zps45c65042.jpg

SMOKE SCREAM
Smoke Scream photo 2732_zps0530c09b.jpg

LILIES
 photo 484_zpsb3d92e67.jpg

PERSIAN RUBY
Persian Ruby photo 471_zps29507a94.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING.....many more to come!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some photos from the past few weeks & Zeus

oh gollies,cant wait for more beauties to see.Thank you for posting all these beauties for all of us to see.Wish I could see your garden in person, but since I can't this will have to do,and they are so beautiful.so many daylilies I just love.Can't get enough of their beauty.This PERSIAN RUBY is so beautiful. would love to have that one too in my garden.and I really like SMOKE SCREAM , didn't think I would ever like any with these different shapes. They call these UF's ? and I want to thank you for the photo of ZEUS, too.I been wondering how hes doing.he is so pretty.

jean

o

You really are getting big clumps. Lavender Heartthrob is filled with scapes. Persian Ruby was a Stout runner-up recently. What are your favorites from this group?

o

I love the photos of the sea of daylilies and your baby Zeus, and am so sorry to hear about losing your other cat family members. Those double mitts on Zeus are great!

Carolina Twilight is beautiful and I love the recurved open face on Siloam Golden Gate.

o

No trouble picking a favorite this time. Zeus on the chair is the winner......nothing like seeing a happy cat to make you smile, and clearly he is quite happy. The daylilies are all beautiful, but Celestial Beauty is my favorite of the group.

Linda

o

THANK YOU Jean, Mantis, maximus and Linda for commenting! Mantis, since you asked about favorites of this group (aside from Zeus of course!) I would have to pick Carolina Twilight for it's color, vigor and budcount....Celestial Beauty for the same....and Lavender Heartthrob because it is one of the first to start blooming and one of the last to quit. I have heard from others on here that their Lav. HT doesn't do well but I must have a good one because mine is a very hefty clump of great vigor and amazing bloom production. Of course, I do love the others I posted but these would be my top 3.

Celeste

o

P.S....and oh, I forgot PERSIAN RUBY....HOW COULD I?
This is another favorite. Really huge blooms of deepest darkest red, almost purple and a commanding presence in the garden. I love it!

Celeste

o

Beautiful daylilies and a very handsome Zeus! The picture of him is adorable. My favorite daylily of this group is Creepy Crawler - that's one that I've been wanting to get, I like the looks and the name, and I'm pretty sure the hybridizer was from Michigan.

o

You have so many beauties! And of course Zeus, soo cute, what a funny sleeping pose :)
S. Golden Gate looks very nice, Bahama Butterscotch is pretty too, love sea of daylilies pics! Love Pure and Simple too, and many others.
Wow your Lavender Heartthrob is doing great, many scapes, seems tall. I am one of those people whose Lav H isn't that great. Mine starts as EM maybe, way after others, low bud count, short. At least it opens well! And the blooms are big :)

o

You have so many beautiful daylilies, & many I don't often see. I've scrolled up & down, I think maybe I like Winning Note, every bloom looks just perfect on that clump. Really like the sea of daylilies pictures too. Of course, Zeus surpasses them all, he's really a handsome guy & I love his pose.

o

My favorites are Desperate Housewives, Winning Note, and Zeus!

o

THANK YOU twixanddud, Nat, Nancy and Debra! Twixanddud, you will like Creepy Crawler. The blooms are big and bright and I just love that edge it has. Nat, it is strange how Lavender HT does so well for me here when I have heard from you and others that it isn't that great for them. I got mine from BlueRidge and it hit the ground running. Stellar performance year after year. And yes, mine is tall. Nancy, I love Winning Note too and I am surprised at how many blooms it pumps out each year. Got it from Maryott's. Debra, I figured you would love the bright pink of Desperate Housewives....and of course, Zeus!

Celeste

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 3:03

Zeus is handsome guy with that almost velvet looking grey fur. If he were human imagine how well he could play the piano with those extra fingers-lol...........Your daylilies are so pretty. Hard to narrow it down to a top 3. I like Celestial Beauty even though UFs aren't my favorite form. The pale yellow color and maroon pattern call to me. Carolina Twilight also says look at me. Again, the pattern adds to its overall beauty. I like the color on Scarlet Pansy too.....Really have a nice garden.....Maryl

o

So many beautiful flower photos, no way to choose a favorite...oh yeah. Zeus is always a favorite.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here