Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carrieburgess3

My Daylilies for 2010

carrieburgess3
13 years ago

I am a cottage gardener who is fairly new to gardening. Until last spring I thought daylilies were nothing more than the orange road side variety. When on of my daughter's friend's mother ask me if I liked daylilies. I said they were okay if you liked orange (which I don't). She told me that she and her mother collect them. She very kindly brought me some in fall and I bought some from her mother at her annual garden sale. I love them!!! I grabbed my cup of coffee and headed to the garden with utter excitement for weeks this summer to see each new bloom for the first time.

I usually post on the cottage garden forum but I thought I would pop over here and share my first blooms with all of you. I hope you enjoy.

Carrie

my forty second street daylily

Woodside Romance

Becky Lynn

Drama Queen

Tennyson

Forsyth Debutante

Todd Monroe

'Luxury Lace' Daylily

Doug's Delight

Evening Enchantment Daylily

Dragon's Fire Breath

Creative Edge

No ID Daylily

'Feeding Frenzy' Daylily

Blueberry Breakfast

{{gwi:280632}}

Boarder Bride Daylily

Mais Oui

Here is a link that might be useful: My cottage garden album

Comments (16)

• nancykvb
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Carrie, the daylilies are beautiful, welcome to the addiction! I checked out the album, your gardens are wonderful! Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Nancy VB

• Nancy
    13 years ago

I really enjoyed looking at the lovely daylilies & others in your garden. Your roses are beautiful, & I love the peonies.

• blue23rose
    13 years ago

These are all beautiful and it looks like you got some very nice ones.

WOODSIDE ROMANCE is my favorite. What a warm color.

Vickie

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

What out! Daylilies are very addictive. Now that you have discovered the many colors and patterns there is no going back. Most of us aways neeed afew more LOL!

• kathy910
    13 years ago

It would be hard to choose a favorite out of these beauties. Welcome and keep the photos coming.

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

They are very pretty, and I too welcome you to the addiction. I especially like your Todd Monroe daylily.
    kay

• Cindy zone 6a
    13 years ago

Welcome. I like Border Bride, nice pics too. Your unknown looks a bit like Little Grapette, just taking a guess. Your collection is very nice, ( you will need to get more ) Should we tell her about the AUCTION ??!!!
    cindy

• bluenosens
    13 years ago

Hello Carrie from a fellow Maritimer. Your flowers are lovely. And what a great summer we've had here for blooms even though we're in the middle of a heat wave before hurricane Earle[hope we just get the rain]. I'm in Malagash, Cumb Co.[home of Jost wines]. And am growing close to 700 varities plus seedlings. Welcome and happy gardening for 2011. cheers, lloyd

• Julia WV (6b)
    13 years ago

Your pic of BORDER BRIDE is very beautiful with the 3 blooms opened. The soft color of FORSYTH DEBUTANE is very lovely. Must look gorgeous in a clump.

Julia

• shive
    13 years ago

You have some very nice daylilies! My favorites are Woodside Romance and Border Bride.

Debra

• carrieburgess3
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments. Without question I am hooked!!! Now to find more space. My fall project will be building new beds.

Carrie

• katladie
    13 years ago

Beautiful blooms, love them all. Is your NOID a small flowering daylily, if so it could be Little Missy.

Sharon

• Waitforspring
    13 years ago

You have some very nice daylilies and a lovely garden. I especially like the picture of the three Border Bride flowers.
    Val

• jean_ar
    13 years ago

wow, your daylilies are gorgeous,and I looked at your albums too.I love your gardens and the roses.You have so many beautiful plants.Hope we see some more photo's.

Jean

• chrissy_ns
    13 years ago

Hi Carrie
    Do you live in Nova Scotia? I live on the south shore just outside of Mahone Bay. Do you belong to the Nova Scotia Daylily Society?

• carrieburgess3
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you so much!!!

Hi Chrissy- Yes, I live in Nova Scotia, outside of Windsor in the Brooklyn Area. I belong to my local garden club but not the Nova Scotia Daylily Society, perhaps someday. I get all my Daylilies from Carol Harvey though, she's only ten minutes from me.

Carrie

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus