Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just playing around some more..

Posted by silverkelt Z5b/Southern Maine (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 3, 12 at 7:05

Im not sure I got the thing down yet... for one thing, super fine resolution is great.. but its saves pics at close to 6 mbs a piece, obviously dont want to have stick pics at those mbs.

Mamas Cherry Pie x Roses in Snow.. to be honest this cross was a disaster, out of the ten seedlings I had , most were just UGLY x UGLY.. this is the only one I kept and its more, mostly batik , it has many color variations alot of days..

Photobucket

I hadnt shared this one yet this year.. so decided to , since Im just playing around with the camera..

one of the asian fairy bluebirds kiddos

Photobucket

With the very cool mornings (it got down to 49 yesterday, colours are coming up very dark, these really are not typical of the following two) the kingdom w/o end vs bird talk cross..

Photobucket

and the chang dynasty x ccc, looking purple, but in reality 90% of all of its blooms are more pinkish..

Photobucket

Might post a few more later when some of my non emos open.

silverkelt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just playing around some more..

It's always hard to pick a favorite because most of your seedlings are not only beautiful but my favorite colors! This time I also like Mamas Cherry Pie x Roses in Snow cross. How old is that seedling? From your seedlings I would have to say I like the kingdom w/o end vs bird talk cross best. Marg

o

Nice seedlings. I think I like the "chang dynasty x ccc" best, but "kingdom w/o end vs bird talk" is very nice. BTW, what is ccc, doesn't register!
Ed

o

cave creek canyon..

That mamas cross, is fairly old, several years.. one of my oldest crosses still surviving, it was from the first year I ever bought anything from the lily auction.. I dont think I spent more then 3 bucks on a cross back then. it was orginally just a fun thing to do one winter, those years crosses are all mostly moved, or trashed, sometimes you really get what you pay for.
Silverkelt

o

Pictures look great. Daylilies look great!

o

I had CCC till this year. Sold it but I am curious how it grows for you as it always gave me heartburn here.

I do like your seedlings. Great job with the new camera.

Julia

o

Your seedlings are pretty. Avedon

o

Love the BirdTalk cross best - but I wouldn't kick any of them out of the garden! Pretty kiddos!

Alexa

o

So many beautiful ones.
kay

o

I like all of them. The pictures are fabuleous and looks like the new camera is too.

jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here