Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edward_kimball_gw

Mixed Bag Yesterday

Edward_Kimball
10 years ago

I had some good whites blooming yesterday and I went for a trip down to Harbour Breezes Daylilies and saw some nice stuff there as well.

Arctic Bear

Shirley's Shangri-La

Harbour Breezes Daylilies

Heavenly United We Stand

Pigment of Imagination

Super Model

Allan Banks seedling

Comments (14)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

The pictures are very well done as usual, Edward. Shirley's Shangri-La is very pretty. I like the picture of Pigment of Imagination. i especially like the view of Harbour Breezes garden scene.
    kay

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Which of the two whites do you prefer? Does Arctic Bear have the great plant habit that Benz claimed? (I don't find much info on SS.) The seedling looks as though it has heavy substance. Personally, I am not a member of the Pigment of Imagination fan club--the colors are often less pronounced than pictured here. But it has hybridizing potential. Debra, if you read this, how has your Super Model performed?

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It is hard to compare because Shirley's Shangri-La has been in the garden 2 years longer. So far It is whiter than Arctic Bear. Big Wayne falls between the two and Ambassador of Peace is more yellow than Arctic Bear.

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here are a few from today.

Thieving Magpie

Elegance of Summer

Belle of Ashwood x Belle Cook #5 - I liked this one so much I brought it home for my garden.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Wow what a great view of Harbour Breezes Daylilies garden!
    I love all the whites and Super Model.

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is another seedling blooming today. It rocked my world. It is a sibling to the first one.

Belle of Ashwood x Belle Cook #8

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

These pictures are beautiful, Edward. LOve Shirley's Shangri-La so pretty,Harbour Breezes Daylilies , is so pretty. you have some beauties, blooming, too.That last seedling is a beauty.

jean

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I hope you post some more pics of seedlng #8. I notice that not all blooms of Thieving Magpie have opened completely. Is this typical, or just a reflection of coolness?

• growgirl
    10 years ago

Oh! lovely pictures! Pigment of imagination, Super Model and the Allan Banks seedling are really eye catching. I will take one of each please ;) TFS.

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thieving Magpie does cup a bit but not as much as many. That picture was taken at about 10:00 am. The high temp today was about 70 degrees F.

• hostabff
    10 years ago

The white daylilies are beautiful. Pigment of Imagination presents a very interesting color display. I also like your Thieving Magpie. The color is gorgeous.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Both of the Belles' seedlings are beautiful!

• dani_plus_2
    10 years ago

LOVE LVE LOVE United WE Stand! I have it too and I can't get enough of it!

• shive
    10 years ago

Lovely blooms, all of them! My favorite photo is the landscape shot from Harbour Breezes.

Debra

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner