Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A crazy one, sibs, and one more..

Posted by silverkelt Z5b/Southern Maine (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 5, 12 at 7:31

The first time Ive ever seen this flower.. frankly its wacky, lol.

I dont know to use it , discard it, or let it be for 2 more years and see what it does..

Photobucket

Here is a picture of two sibs... to show you how close they look to each other, its the leslee renee x ss cross, the one on the left is the superiour one, it can have thicker edging in the right days, has a superiour eyezone, lays flater, the one on the right is very similiar, but doesnt always look as pretty. I have alot of pods on the one on the right this year.

Photobucket

The cosmic oddessey x jitterbug blues, it hasnt taken pods yet, but ive used its pollen around, its really young though, so it still might set in the future.

Photobucket

Silverkelt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A crazy one, sibs, and one more..

I don't know I like the first one and would give it some more time, your third seedling to me is a stunner.
Linda

o

I'd also give the first one another year.

Is your second seedling comparison pic top heavy in buds?

I agree, the last seedling pic would be my pick. Love the pencil edging of the two different colors.

Julia

o

I agree. I think that first one deserves time to "settle in".

That last seedling is a beauty.
kay

o

Love the last seedling. Avedon

o

That last seedling is striking. I'm not that up on eyed daylilies so I can't say that if it is distinctive or not, but it is at least both unusual (not just another pink (not dissing your pink seedling!)) and pretty. Congrats!

o

The last one is only a improvement if you consider a white base superiour to the mauve one that cosmic shows.. otherwise its pretty similiar. I think it contrasts more with the white base , but it wouldnt differ enough to do anything with other then breed with it.

Its pretty subtle but its a triple colour edge with the dark purple, light purple and fine gold edge.

I understand about the pinks, but a friend of mine raved about the power of leslee renee to start to take blue eyes, thats my plan , if I can get a crop based out of my heaviest pie crusting edges with it, If I get one showing that same familiar eye zone, with a heavier pie crusting, I will then go back into my blue eyed lines. Ive tried it already it hasnt done what I wanted yet, but I will continue trying. (though the seedling I got, is still wonderful from that try, it just isnt the heavy blue eye with a pink wash background Im looking for, I have no doubt people will be years ahead of me before I get one that I want, but thats ok, Im also breeding for cold zones, or colder zones I should say)

Silverkelt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here